Chapter Seven

Peggy's POV:

I was on my laptop in my dorm when a tear stricken Maria stumbled in and ran to the bathroom. I immediately ran over to the door.

"Maria? What's wrong?" I knocked softly. She opened the door and motioned for me to come in.

"James abuses me."

"I'm sorry" was all I could say.

"I told him I was breaking up with him because he hurts me, but there's more to it." I looked at her, confused. "I don't love him!" She sobbed into my shoulder. "My parents are against me because I'm gay and they made me date him."

"So he was made that you finally dumped him?" I asked.

"He abused me and then," she gulped and continued in a whisper, "He raped me." I gave her a long hug as she started bawling.

"Do you think you're, well, do you think you're pregnant?" I asked her softly.

"I don't know," she sniffled.

"Do you have tests?" She shook her head. "I'll tell my sister to buy some, alright?" She nodded.

I took out my phone and texted Angelica.

PEGGY: Ang, can u pls pick up a box of pregnancy tests and come 2 my room it's an emergency tell Eliza 2 come also

ANGELICA: sure but why do u need them

PEGGY: they're not for me

"My sisters are coming over." I told a still whimpering Maria.

Two minutes later, the two oldest Schuyler Sisters ran in and gave me a box of pregnancy tests, which I handed to Maria before leaving the bathroom and closing the door behind me.

For a minute, there was silence. Then Maria let out a scream.

Alex's POV:

John and I were in middle of cuddling when we both got texts art the same time. We untangled our arms and checked our phones. It was from Peggy.

PEGGY: guys come over to my room asap it's an emergency

John and I pulled our shoes on and ran out the door.

When we got there, Angelica pulled us inside and shut the door behind her. Hercules and Lafayette were already there, and Peggy was hugging a crying Maria.

Quietly, Eliza told the two of us what happened. I felt so bad for Maria, and she didn't even like him! Now she had to carry his baby, too.

Peggy quietly asked her a question, and Maria shook her head. She then whispered something in her ear and pushed a loose curl behind her roommate's ear. I would've thought it cute if the situation hadn't been so serious.

Eventually, Peggy told us that Maria needed some alone time, so we all left. If only we had been to their room for a better reason.

Later that night

After arriving back in our own room, John plopped down on the couch and I flopped next to him. I laid my head on his shoulder and stared up at him. His freckles, sprinkled all over his face were like constellations in space-beautiful and mesmerizing. He turned to face me, and soon, his lips crashed into mine.

I smiled as he laid his forehead against mine.

(A/N: I never do author's notes, but I thought I had to this time. I was really busy last week and I couldn't upload. Also, I have severe writers block, so I might have to take a break. Thank you guys so much for reading this, it means a lot to me!     -Alli)