Chapter Eleven

John's POV:

I was very careful when it came to Alex and food. I made him eat just a bit every day so that he wouldn't get overwhelmed, but I did slowly up the amount of food he ate every day, even if it was only a drop.

"I don't want to eat a cookie!" He whined.

"But I made cookies just for you!" I complained. "Just eat one!"

"I don't want a cookie! I saw how much butter you put in them!"

"No you didn't!"

"Fine! I saw the recipe!"

"Who cares if you saw the recipe!"

"I care!"

"Just eat a stupid cookie already!"

"Fine," he grumbled, taking a tiny nibble off of the end. His eyes lit up.

"There's chocolate in here!" He took another bite.

"I know there's chocolate in there. And if you had seen the recipe, you would've seen that there was chocolate in the list of ingredients." I grinned at his excited face as he took another small bite.

"I love chocolate."

"Me too. Now eat the cookie or I'll stuff it into your face." I poked his nose. "Come on. It's just one cookie, Alexander. Just one."

"Ugh." He took another bite. "There is way too much butter in your cookies."

"No there isn't. And even if there is, there's even more chocolate."

"That's why I'm still eating the cookie."

"I'm aware." I gave him a small kiss on his cheek and his face pinked.

"You're blushing again," I pointed out.

"Will you stop saying that?" His face turned even redder.

"Nope. Has anyone ever told you how cute you are?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"You."

"I meant other than me," I said.

"Umm...Lafayette?"

"How dare he!" I picked up the phone as soon as I saw that it was his lunch break.

When he finally picked up, I started yelling. "Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette! How dare you call my Alexander Hamilton cute!"

"Chill, mon amie. It was one time, he wandered into mine and Herc's room with your turtle sweatshirt and a blanket on and plopped down on our couch. Je ne peux pas résister!"

Alex was cracking up on the couch. "Gimme the phone!" He laughed, and I handed it over. They launched into an entire conversation and I felt left out.

"John est très surprotecteur parfois. Je m'excuse."

"Aucun problème. C'est mignon, aussi, parfois."

"Je connais. C'est drôle parce qu'il ne sait pas de quoi on parle en ce moment."

"Can you stop already?" I was getting extremely frustrated. "Speak english, my friends. English. No french. I don't know what you're saying, and it's really annoying."

"Il est agacé. J'irai. Au revoir." Alex hung up on him.

"What was that all about?" I glared at him playfully.

"Nothing."

"It was obviously something." I crossed my arms.

"Fine. We were talking about the fact that you're cute and overprotective and that you had no idea what we were saying."

"Really?" I looked at him happily.

"Yeah. I swear." I grabbed him in a hug and picked him up, carrying him to our couch.

"Hey!" He protested, but I silenced him with a kiss.

"Je t'aime, mon chéri." I whispered in his ear. "And that's the only french I know."

Lafayette's POV:

I wandered into room 1776 to find John crouched on top of Alex as they kissed passionately. I slowly backed out of the room, but before I closed the door, Alex heard me. He looked up.

"Seriously?" John groaned. "It's always you or Herc. Always. And you never knock. Never!"

He sat back and helped Alex up. "What do you want?"

"Nothing. I was wondering if you guys wanted a movie night in mine and Herc's room, but I guess you're busy. Mes excuses."

"No, it's fine. We'll come. When?"

"In two hours? Herc and I have some...homework that we have to do."

Alex snorted. "Sure, have fun with your homework."

I felt my face heat up. "It's homework, mon amie. Homework." I turned and walked out of their room, shutting the door behind myself and walking across the hallway to my room.

"They coming?" Hercules called out to me from the bathroom.

"Oui, Hercules. They are coming."

"Good." He walked out of the bathroom drying off his face from his shower. He was just in a towel, and I turned away.

"Laf," he laughed.

"Yes, Hercules?" I busied myself with putting away my laundry. I felt his hands slide around my waist, and I stiffened.

"What are you afraid of?" He whispered in my ear.

"I..." He turned me around and I stared into his dark eyes. He grabbed my face and tilted my head upward to face his.

"Hercules..." I whispered.

He cut me off by smashing his lips into mine. My eyes widened as he pushed me backwards onto my bed, knocking over my clean laundry. My arms slid around his toned, bare torso, and I felt the muscles in his back shift as his hand slid into my hair and he pulled gently.

He broke away and smiled at me; we were both breathing heavily.

"Well..." He started.

"C'était une expérience."

"Oui c'était. Et j'ai aimé ça." He whispered in my ear.

(Oops. This wasn't supposed to be dirty. Not in the least bit. If you'll forgive me, i have a few more chapters lined up...

OK, OK. I'm sorry.

Bye.)