Chapter Three

Alex's POV:

I woke up the next day and looked at the time. Shoot. I only had twenty minutes to get to my first class. I pulled on some clothing and ran, packing my laptop into my bag on the way. There was no way I was going to be late to my first class.

I sat down at a desk while the teacher introduced himself. His name was Mr. Washington, and he had this fatherly air about him. Maybe it was my imagination, or the fact that my dad was a jerk, but this teacher was cool.

John's POV:

I woke up in the morning to an empty room. Alexander probably had classes. I rolled out of bed and pulled on a t-shirt and skinny jeans. Packing up my bag for classes, I couldn't stop thinking about Alexander's eyes. And his lips...No, John! You just met him! He's probably straight!

I sighed and walked out the door, heading to my next class.

I set my bag down next to my chair and pulled out my new laptop, typing in my password. I had gotten to the class a little late, so I looked around to see who else was there. Surprisingly, Alexander was there. He was only nineteen, while I was twenty one. He looked back, saw me, and ducked his head back to his laptop, his cheeks a pale pink. I grinned and began taking notes on the lecture.

Alex's POV:

John was in my class? No way! And it was one of the boring ones, too. I kept looking at him from the corner of my eye, hoping that he wouldn't notice.

If you were wondering why I was in his classes, some of them at least, was because, well, I skipped a couple of grades in the Caribbean. I'm also small for my age, but I'm fat, like I said before.

I love Kings College so far. The teachers are great, mostly, and the classes are interesting. French was fun, since I grew up speaking it. I was having a great first day. No one bullied me, which was a plus. John introduced me to Hercules Mulligan, and the Schuyler sisters; Peggy, Angelica, and Eliza. Hercules introduced us to Marquis De Lafayette. He told us to just call him Lafayette. They all seemed nice.

We all went up to John's and mine dorm room to watch a movie, which ended up being The Little Mermaid. It was the first time I saw it and I loved it.

They all seemed so at ease with each other, even Lafayette, while I sat on the side and pretended to have a good time. I don't think they cared about me. I was just a waste of space.

Someone had brought a bottle of wine, and everyone, not including me, got a little tipsy. John said that we all had to share something about ourselves. Peggy went first.

"I'm gay." She grinned. I wish I had as much confidence as she did.

"Me, too!" Lafayette and John said at the same time.

Hold on. John Laurens was gay? I couldn't believe it! Not that I stood a chance with someone so perfect, anyway.

Hercules was bi. Angelica and Eliza were straight. Then it was my turn.

"Are you gay, too?" Eliza asked.

"Um, well. I'm bi, actually." There, I said it. For the first time in my life, in front of a group of mildly drunk people that I just met.

John's POV:

Hold on. Alexander Hamilton was bi? I couldn't believe it! Not that I stood a chance with someone so adorable, anyway. Just my luck, to have to dorm with someone so irresistible yet have to resist anyway. He was probably falling for Hercules, anyway. Nobody ever loved me the way I want to be loved.

We started talking about classes, and I brought up the fact that Alexander was in a couple of my classes. I asked him why.

"Oh. Um, I skipped a few grades."
That was all he said. Basically nothing. I still didn't know anything about his past. I was going to ask him, but Hercules said that we should all go to bed, and everyone agreed. Alexander ran back to his laptop after everyone left, and he just kept typing.

"Hey, Alexander? Why do you write like you're running out of time?"