Chapter Six

Alex's POV:

I woke up snuggled in John's chest for the second time in a row. I panicked when I saw the time, then realized that it was Saturday. I had no need to worry, so I curled up in John's chest again and pulled out my laptop, starting an essay I had to do for History.

About twenty minutes later, John woke up.

"Why are you already working?" He said, half asleep.

"I have to." I kissed his nose lightly and went back to work.

"Oh, come on!" He pulled it away from me and set it down on the coffee table. I grinned and jumped on top of him, kissing his perfect lips. He picked me up and brought me to my bed, our arms around each other, my legs entwined around his waist.

Somehow, his shirt wasn't on anymore, and my sleeve accidentally got rolled up, showing him my pale, scarred wrist.

He looked at it. "Alex, did you do that to yourself?" I burst into tears, and he held me in his lap like a child. "Why?" He whispered. I shook my head, and he didn't press it.

John's POV:

Alex hurts himself. I didn't ask him why.

"Just promise me, love, that you won't do it again." He hiccuped.

"I'll try." I held him close to my chest to make him feel better, and I could feel every single one of his ribs.

I tried to think of the last time I saw him eat, but I couldn't. Poor Alex, hurting himself and starving himself, too.

I didn't bring it up, since he was already crying. But I felt so bad for the little guy I was hugging.

I softly started singing whatever was in my head- a mix of different genres. I continued until he was almost asleep, then I tucked him and got up.

"Stay, please." I heard Alexander whisper. I got under his covers with him and wrapped my arms around him.

That's how we feel asleep.