Chapter 18- Finding Cinderella

(This chapter is dedicated to MyLifeMyDecisions bc she correctly guessed who took Alice)

I talk to God as much as I talk to Satan 'cause I want to hear both sides

Does that make me cynical

There are no miracles

And this is no miraculous life

I savour hate as much as I crave love because

I'm just a twisted guy

Is this the pinnacle, is this the pinnacle, the pinnacle of being alive

Now I see the light

Well I look up to god but I see trouble 'cause this ain't a miracle

I just want to take my chance to live through a miracle

~God & Satan

~Biffy Clyro

Xavier’s POV

The backup generator manages to kick on about three minutes after the initial break in, but I already know it’s too late. 

After out argument, I sent Emma in the restroom to go check on Alice; to talk to her and see if she was ok.  From the direction of Alice’s thoughts, I could tell they had just left the restroom when the lights were cut off.  Then they were ambushed. 

I tried to get to Alice in time, but I was in the opposite side of the building and there was no way possible to get through the panicking crowd in the pitch black darkness. 

I stride down the hallway Alice was last in, glass crunching under my feet, but I could care less.  A wrought iron table was overturned, along with the gold and blue china vase that had been resting on top of it.  A pair of white heels lie askew on the blood red carpet. 

They were Alice’s.  A red haze clouds over my vision and I cast out my mind, searching for any indicator of Alice, some sort of weak thought pulse coming from where they have taken her. 

Nothing.  Whoever did this must have knocked her out somehow, using chloroform or some other drug.  I and head back to the main ball room, taking one last look around the deserted hallway before continuing on with my search.   I have seen all I need to from here. 

From a military standpoint, the whole mission was executed flawlessly.  Cutting off the lights disoriented and scared the guests, causing them to panic and create the perfect distraction for the assailants.  Once the victim had been singled out, Alice, it would have been a simple matter to overpower her and make it out through one of the many exits and entrances.  No one would have reported her missing for at least another half hour, if it were not for my little gift.    

This was professionally done, I realize as I move around the packs of confused citizens who are being herded out of the doors by policemen.  And I only know one person who would have the means, initiative, cunning, and incentive to kidnap Alice away from me. 

My brother. 

I am going to find Alice.  And I am going to make my brother pay.