Chapter 2: His other...Best friend's

You giggled at Danny's weird jokes before you pushed open the school door. You squinted your eye's as you were hit with the beaming sun which burned your darkness loving eye's to bits.

You glared/squinted your eye's at Danny who was doing the same but, laughing at you.

"What are you laughing at?!" You demanded you arm's crossed.

Danny only smirked "how cute you look when your irritated" he said.

You froze slightly before you start blushing like crazy and walked off away from him muttering insults. He was cracking up laughing behind you before he stumbled catching up to you "w-wait! Haha! I'm sorry! Come back!"

You stopped a pout on your face as you both came up to your favorite spot, the old oak tree on a steep hill a block or two from the school. Danny was still snickering by the time he came up panting slightly.

He plopped down on the ground beside your legs. He put your books to the side before he looked up at you "come on (y/n) you can't be that upset with me to stand up on your aching legs. Especially after school hours" he stated.

You only huffed looking into the distance where the sun was slowly dropping into the building's miles off. The sky becoming a bright pink and purple hue a great combo and you would have taken your time to admire it if a certain someone wasn't pestering you.

Danny started pouting when you began ignoring him and then he felt a light click on his head before a playful, mischievous smirk came to his face.

He swiftly got to his feet and you hadn't noticed yet. He looked at his hand once before it became intangible and the color faded before turning see through. He smirked slightly before he touched your upper arm, you jumped putting your hand to your arm.

You immediately turned to danny and before you could yell at him, he shocked up by sweeping your legs out from under you and holding you in his arms bridal style.

You held onto him on instinct before you blushed and hit his chest "Danny! Don't do that!"

He started laughing before he plopped down on the ground with you on his lap "oh come on (n/n). Don't be such a sour puss" he said.

You giggled at that and between your laughs you asked "W-what the... hell is a...s-sourpuss?"

Danny giggled with you "it's what you are chicken noodle" he teased. (Tell me the reference anybody!)

You shook your head before flicking him in the nose "don't say that in front of Sam. She hates chicken".

Danny looked confused and gave a small snicker "when did this topic become about sam?"

You nodded your head upwards and then Danny froze hearing a familiar voice behind him "since 'Sam' came behind you and needed to talk to you".

Danny turned with a nervous smile "hey Sammy. How are you this..." he looked to the sky for a moment before turning back his grin still placed tightly "...fine evening".

You rolled your eye's at him before you said "Hey Sam. Tucker" you greeted.

Tucker fooley and Samantha 'sam' Manson have been friends with Danny for...well before you and danny even met. However, you and danny were significantly closer to each other even if Danny ran off every evening as if in a hurry.

Tucker smiled at you raising his hand in a greeting "hello (y/n). I see you have developed your technological capabilities" he said pointing to the phone strapped to the staple of your bookbag.

You and Danny glanced at one another before you mumbled "ok".

Sam then continued "Danny we have to...go continue our p-project" she stuttered adding a nervous smile at the end. Danny raised a brow before he froze slightly and sighed lightly. You could've sworn you saw a small cloud of frost leave his mouth but, brushed it off.

Danny then smiled at you softly before gently helping you off of him and standing up. He turned to his Friends with a nod before turning back to you but, you were already packing up.

"(Y/n)?" He asked confused.

"What?" You asked annoyed as you heaved your overstuffed bag in your shoulder the books Danny carried now stuffed inside.

"Where are you going? Well...why are you in a rush? I'll be coming back in a few." He stated still confused.

You gave him a hurt loo before saying "you do this everytime. We hang out for like five minutes after school and then, you run off and ditto h me everytime! You never even explain to me why." You sounded upset and Danny looked at you guilt flashing in his eye's.

"You always say your coming back but, I'm always waiting till the sun goes down" you say looking away from him.

Danny reached out to you his eye's showing a spark of realization and regret "(y/n) no I didn't mean..." you waved your hand at him with a small smile dismissing it.

"It's fine. I'll just see you at school tomorrow" you state before walking past him and to the end of the hill.

Danny took your arm quickly stopping you "L-let me make it up to you!" He said a small smile growing nervously "let's go to the nasty burger together, afterschool! My treat!"

You looked at him with a raised brow "Will you actually be there this time?" You asked crossing your arms.

Danny nodded taking his hand in your's gently "I promise. I'll pick you up right after school".

You then smiled and nodded "ok. Nasty burger. Friday afterschool" you said.

Danny nodded before walking back towards Sam and Tucker who were waiting down the hill "Yep. I won't be late this time I promise!" He yelled as he disappeared from sight.

You waved goodbye as he faded from view and sighed sadly before you started walking home. Thinking about your upcoming date however with Danny Fenton was the think that brought a smile to your face.