Chapter 5: Getting out of there

You heard the door click open and you edged closer into the shadow of the wooden crate you were standing behind currently. You held down your loud, rapid breaths as you saw the shadow silhouette of a person walking over to the blown apart bouncy house.

The shadow put it's hands on its hips tilting a bit before sighing in annoyance " oh great! We can't sell this tomorrow! David what the hell did you do now?!" A male voice screamed angrily before the shadow spun on its heel and trudged angrily back to the doorway.

You sighed in relief and noticed you let out a heavy puff of air and sucked in a breath quickly before realizing your mistake. The shadow stopped abruptly and you froze.

Uh oh.

"Who's there?" The male called into the huge warehouse.

Your knee's almost buckled as you shook in your shoes, you've never gotten into this much trouble. And you weren't even caught yet. What would he do if he found you? Report you to the police? Have you arrested? What could be worse?

Then, you heard the cling of a metal scrap scraping the floor roughly causing sparks to fly across the shadow. You prefer the normal sparks to those however.

You took a chance suddenly and began moving you jumped behind a red and blue bouncy house shielding your body from view. You had to get to that door, you landed lightly on your feet before looking back at the shadow.

It was....gone?

That's when you heard another scrape behind you and you immediately stiffened. He couldn't have found you but, he was pretty damn close. He was behind the crate you had just jumped from and if you didn't make a break for the opened door now, he'd definitely catch you.

Without a second thought you jumped from your hiding place and ran quickly to the door. You heard a quick intake of breath and then a furious "Hey! Get back here!"

You only ran faster nearly stumbling over your own two feet as you pumped your legs, adrenaline keeping your body up. You looked behind you as you heard heavy footsteps and saw a man who you assumed was the person manipulating his shadow from before.

He breathed heavily from the extensive run but, he was catching up fairly quick. His face was scrunched up scarily and you kept running turning back to the path in front of you.

You saw another open door and immediately caught notice of the blue skies, you felt a smile come to your face and you burst through the door. More like right through the door and into another person.

You both were knocked over and hit the ground with a groan before you stumbled back up with a moan of agony. You cried out a "Sorry" before running off once more and into the streets of your hometown.