Chapter 3: Little girl

You crossed the street to your house and took out your keys. You were right in front of your house when you paused hearing a rustle in the alley next to your house.

You raised a brow confused before you backed up slowly to get a clearer look into the alley way. Noone was there. Only a few Garbage cans, a couple of torn up cardboard boxes, and rotting trash.

You shrugged off the feeling and with a sigh turned back to the door. Siddenly, you heard a small cry. A child.

You turned back and listened. It was coming from the alleyway. Your instincts took over and you turned back into the alley walking in "hello?" You called.

Your voice echoed slightly into the night sky. You looked around as the crying got louder the closer you came.

You finally came behind a large garbage bin before spotting a little girl. She looked awful. Her skin was the color of ice, She was thin, her short hair was cropped with particles of dust and food in it, her clothing was a tattered over sized black T-shirt.

You leaned down and placed your hand on the little girls shoulder gently. She immediately stiffened and your eye's grew worried. Smet hung must have happened to her in order for her to react that way besides being found by a total stranger.

"Hi. Are you alright?" You asked calmly. The little girls head rose slowly her eyes shining with fear and timidness but, it still held the spark of a child.

The little girl didn't answer or make a gesture. She only stared at you blankly.

You shuffled nervously before you turned and started digging through your bag. You pulled out a sandwich you were going to eat for lunch, but you were never hungry.

You offered it to the little one "here. I bet your hungry. Eat this, it's safe. I promise".

She seemed hesitant and with a look of understandable caution she took the sandwich slowly from your hand and with a quick whiff, she devoured it in seconds.

You smiled sweetly as she finished an embarrassed look in her eyes as she wiped the crumbs off her face with the back of her hand.

She then gave you the tiniest smile and you beamed back at her. That's when she spoke "I chose you" she whispered putting her hand on your wrist swiftly.

You looked at her confused and didn't think anything of her weird talking for a moment. That is until she began glowing a blinding white causing you to sheild your eye's.

You cracked your eye's open as you felt your finger tips slowly freezing over, you cried out as it rose up to your shoulders and then up to your head.

Your screams stopped suddenly as you felt light headed. The light faded to nothing and you looked down tiredly confused to see no one was there. The girl was gone.

You then felt your eye's roll back before you fell backwards and onto the floor roughly blacking out completely.