Chapter 4: Back to reality

There was a faint, constant ringing in your ears. It occurred every few seconds and it annoyed the hell out of you. Yet, at the same time that seemed to be the least of your problems.

You were currently plummeting through the sky. You didn't know how and obviously didn't know why but, here you were in mid air falling faster then a rock.

You flipped through the air screaming in terror as the wind whipped you face rapidly and you waved your arms around desperately. The town you lived in was just below now, possibly five hundred feet away and counting backwards.

You cried out as you fell faster and faster with each passing second. You sucked in a few quick breaths before you choked in utter shock and wasting your rapid breath on your shouts.

Was this how you were meant to die? Falling to your death? From more then a thousand feet no less!

You felt tears Prick your eye's as you thought of your swift death hitting the concrete floor beneath you. You closed your eye's hurriedly as you neared closer and closer the wind biting at your face, your hair whipping behind you as you fell head first.

Less then a hundred feet now surely. You put your hands over your tightly closed as eye's.

You felt your life flashing before your eyes and you nearly cried in sorrow as you saw an image of Danny. Oh god. Why didn't you tell him when you first realized. Would he have even accepted your declaration of love? Did he ever feel the same way?

90 feet.

Building's rushed past your falling form and it seemed no one noticed at all your descending figure.

60 feet.

You gave one last cry before you finally opened your eye's. You wanted one last look at the world that was before you, the beauty you hadn't fully took in until now.

30 feet.

You were going to land in the middle of the street next to a bouncy house factory. Now you had to land in front of a children's factory! Could this day get any worse?! It's not like I'd have another anyway...

20 feet.

YOUR POV

Here we go.

I turned my head slightly one last time tears running down my face. My eye's widened in shock suddenly as I caught sight of a familiar white and red streaked shirt.

"D-danny?" I called in confusion.

10 feet.

I felt my body slow down as Danny turned towards me. I thought he caught my eye and I gasped. He was going to see me...would he feel anything at all if I died in front of him? Would he try to save me? Would he...turn away?

Danny turned away and proceeded walking.

He didn't care...

No...that couldn't be...

I felt the winds stop and my tears continue down my tear stained face.

I sobbed and extended my hand towards him "Danny!"

Danny turned towards me once more his expression confused but, I didn't see him. I looked down at my hand in shock. Well...where my hand was supposed to be.

I could feel my arm outstretched but, I didn't see it at all.

It may not even be there I took the time to look down at my body but, I screamed in horror as I hit the concrete floor.

Only to phase right through it. I felt my eyes go wide once more as I felt my body shiver from the sensation before continuing to plummet and into a bouncy house. The bouncy trampoline popped from the impact but, I still had a soft landing.

I lay in the torn bouncy house in shock. I was invisible. Literally this time.

I immediately bolted up my legs weak and wobbly and I almost sobbed in relief when I found myself perfectly in tact and visible for once.

I collapsed right back down on the rubber remains of the former bouncy house that was surrounded by about a couple a dozen more. I sighed finally closing my eye's as I regulated my rapid breaths, I couldn't believe what just happened.

I opened my eyes as I stared up at the ceiling I had phased through before sitting up and bringing my knees up to my chest "what's happening to me?"

I looked towards the locked door of the bouncy house warehouse before hearing a shuffling before it was rattled and there was a click.

I gasped and shot up running behind a crate behind the nearest bouncy house. I needed to get out of here and quick.