Chapter 8: Sleepwalking

"(Y/n)!"

You jumped, your eye's snapping open in shock before you roll over trying to get a good look at the person yelling. However you fall right off the edge of your sleeping spot and hit the floor with a yelp, surprisingly the floor was only a foot or two away so luckily you hadn't had the breath knocked out of you.

You groan laying your head on the carpet as you realize it's your mother "Good morning to you too, Ma" you say before putting the palms of your hands on the floor to help you sit up.

Your Mother had her hands on her hips with an irritated look on her face "(y/n) (m/n) (l/n)!" You wince as she says your whole name and you put your head down knowing you were definetly in trouble.

"Would you like to explain why you were asleep on top of the coffee table?" She asked you calmly although you could hear the frustration in her voice. However, that's not what got to you, it's the fact that she said you were asleep on the coffee table.

You look up at her in surprise before glancing to your side and realizing that you had in fact fallen asleep atop the coffee table in the living room "I didn't sleep on the table!" You argued before pausing and adding "Ok. I know it looks that way but, I swear I was in my bed! You even closed the door for me, remember?" You defended yourself.

Your mother gave an unconvinced look before shaking her head "You were staying up late again, weren't you?"

You sighed and groaned in frustration "I may be a night owl but that's not the reason I'm down here! I was asleep in my bed, and now I'm down here. Maybe I was...sleepwalking or something." You exclaimed in exasperation lying through your teeth.

You could guess what had really happened, your new phasing abilities had probably made you fall right through your bed, through your bedroom floor and onto the coffee table. It was obvious that you needed more practice on getting a handle on these ghost powers.

You mother raised a brow in disbelief "Sleepwalking? You've never done it before" she testified and you mentally groaned hating the fact your mother was an attorney.

You were running out of excuses making you shift from left to right nervously "Uh...allergies?" You added pathetically shrugging awkwardly.

Mother rolled her eyes at you before sighing pinching the bridge between her eyes tiredly "Ya know what, I don't even wanna know anymore. Go. Get dressed. And make good choices " she finished before turning to make her way upstairs clutching her robe tighter to her body as if she were cold and she probably was although it was only the middle of April.

You sighed in relief plopping down on the couch putting your head in your hands before pulling back as you feel an ice like burning occur as you touch your forehead. You rub your head with your wrists before looking down at your left hand in confusion.

It was paler then usual and glowing a faint white but, nothing that seemed dangerous. It was actually kind of cool. You slowly began to curve your fingers inward and to your surprise the energy only grew, glowing brightly as if about to explode.

But how you do you turn it off?

You paled at your own question before getting up and holding your arm out as if it was an insect "Oh gosh. Oh gosh. Where the hell do you put a glowing ball of energy?!" You whispered harshly to yourself staring at your hand in confusion and desperation.

You ran around the living room trying to be as quiet as possible in the process in hopes you wouldn't wake your mother back up "Think brain. Think!" You scolded yourself running a hand through your hair with your non glowing hand.