Chapter 6: I'm a...ghost?

You ran faster then you ever did before, your legs pumping with each step. You had outrun the man chasing you down after the third block. You had just crossed over to the sixteenth block by now or was it the twentieth?

You couldn't tell nor did you really care. You panted heavily panic shining in your eyes, some people stared after you. Some with worried glances as they moved from your path others with annoyed looks before returning their eyes to the person next to them or their phones.

You had no reason to run any longer and by now you had lost reason to although your body wouldn't listen to you. Your adrenaline was going faster and the shock from before kept you going as if you could outrun it all.

You took a sharp turn into an alleyway for some reason and that's when you slowed and you would have gasped in relief if you weren't so out of breath "Danny" you whispered in relief.

He was across the alleyway on the other side of the street...with his other friends. He was running with them and you notice with wide eye's that Tucker, Danny's technical friend had the Fenton thermos in his hand.

They rounded the corner before you could even begin to go after them. You were about to make your way towards them when you felt your legs wobble slightly and you used the wall for balance.

"Woah" you breathed before catching your balance.

That's when something materialized in front of you and you stumbled backwards and you tripped before you could regain your balance and landed on your tush. You slowly began to inch backwards with a horrified yet wonder filled expression on your face and then..."You" you whispered.

The figure that wasn't much taller then an upright dog stood in front of you a tattered hood on its head and a sheepish smile on her face. The wind blew softly and her face was revealed as the little girl from before "um...hi".

You gaped at her before you glared at her angrily "don't hi, me! What the hell did you do to me?!" You yelled frustrated getting to your feet.

She put her hands up waving them slowly as if to calm you down "Cool it. All I did was help you out".

You gaped once more before you lost it "Help me out?! I fell out of the sky! Explain to me how in the hell you could have possibly..." She cut you off as she ran at you and forced her hand into your gut.

You gasped and looked down at her but, she only smiled at you nervously before her hand darted straight out of your abdomen. You stumbled expecting pain but, with a start you realized you felt none.

Your hand went to your abdomen and you realized her hand went straight through you as if you weren't even there.

"H-how?" You stuttered obviously shaken.

"I thought it was a good idea at the time" she began and you gritted your teeth in anger.

"I didn't want this! All I wanted was to help an injured little girl in an alleyway. Why did you give this to me?!" You cried and the girl looked nervous.

"I'm dying...again" she began and you were taken aback as she continued.

"I'm a ghost, as you must have already noticed...I'm not sure how but, I am dying and I didn't want my abilities to go to waste. So...you can along and your heart was pure and you were so eager to help me" she said and she seemed truly sincere.

She then looked up at you and you notice her eyes were a beautiful shade of crystal blue and a hint of a swirling purple.

"I'm sorry to have placed this burden on your shoulder's, but you were perfect for what I had. And you seemed so upset" she said and you looked at her in understanding.

Finally you sighed catching her attention before you went to your knee's in front of her coming to her height, you pulled her in quickly your arms coming to embrace her small form and she gaped at your sudden act of kindness.

"Is there anything I can do...to help you?" You asked as she shook and you noticed she was ice cold.

"I don't believe so...in had run away from home. A realm much different from yours, a place that Is colder then the north pole as you humans call it" she said she hands coming to circle your waist.

"I'm sorry" you whispered.

She chuckled sadly "its no problem really, I've lived a full life no matter my appearance. I'm 9,342 year old" she said and you pulled and way in shock.

"Wow...that's incredible and you've never been here...to earth or this realm?" You asked and she shook her head.

"No its my first time actually. I'm honestly unsure as to how I'm here really. There was this ghost boy and--" you cut her off.

"Hold on did you say ghost boy?" You asked her.

She nodded and you asked "Danny Phantom ghost boy?" You asked her once more.

She nodded and said "Yes. He had found me in one of the ghost towns. Another a realm opposite of this one and helped me for a while and I had followed him here. I lost him after a while since he didn't know I had come along and then I met you" She said pointing towards you at the end of her speech.

You nodded and said "Oh. Well that explains a good portion. So do you know how long you have?" You asked.

"Five minutes" she said bluntly.

Your eye's widened and then you pulled back to see her hand was becoming transparent "When a ghost dies..." she began and you looked up at her.

"That we've done our unfinished business or we are to come back in the form of a new body with a different mission" she said as her hand disappeared from view and her legs as well.

"My name....my name is Lilah" she said.

You smiled at her "I'm (y/n)" you said sadly and your smile faded as her clothing dematerialized as well as her upper and lower body.

You leaned up and kissed the top of her head softly "Rest in peace Lilahd" you whispered and the little girl sobbed softly a tear running down her cheek before she whispered a "Thank you".

And then she was gone.

You closed your eye's as if in pain and you wiped a stray tear from your cheek before getting up and looking up to the sky "If I did it before I can do it again".

You thought about flying like before well that was falling but, how else could you have gotten up there. You tried harder and finally closed you eye's and then, you felt your feet leave the ground before you leaned to the side.

You opened your eyes hesitantly and you gasped in shock as you were floating in mid air. You squealed in delight and flipped in mid air by accident "this is crazy" you said Rudy Mancuso style.