Chapter 7 ♕ The Truth (pt. 2)

They continued running until they were on the outskirts of the town, free from prying eyes. The lights from the little town looked pretty when seen from a distance, in Valeriana's opinion. They were far from where most of the people were now, so they all slowed down their pace and started walking casually. The next town wasn't until a good few miles away.

All there was ahead of them was a sandy road with trees growing on the side. And though it might've looked peaceful during the day, it completely looked haunted at night. For this reason, it made the girl uneasy.

Moonlight broke through the leafy branches of trees, and though it offered some illumination, it wasn't enough.

"Avaro," Corvan said.

'What is it, heilm juaire?' The familiar hastened his pace for a bit so that he was walking beside his contractor.

"Send some lights ahead so we can see where we're going. I do not feel easy with this darkness."

'As you wish.'

Just as Valeriana was wondering, the beast opened his mouth and two balls of fire escaped from his powerful jaws. To her amazement, they were airborne. They floated around Valeriana for a moment before shooting ahead and lighting up their path with a fiery burst.

"Wow." Valeriana said in amazement. "Avaro, you're really cool."

Corvan smirked arrogantly. This compliment was indirectly given to him as well, for he had Avaro as his familiar.

"Wait until you see him in his full form." Tamara remarked.

"His full form?"

"That appearance is just 'friendly' and 'casual' as you would say." Zevlin told her. "Avaro has a 'battle' form that's not too friendly and something he shows to his enemies if needed. Otherwise, if the opponent's weak, he won't even need to change. With his state of power, I doubt it would happen often. He's already as strong as an average Celestial Beast in its fullest power in that 'friendly' form."

"Can I see it?! Can I see it?" She fervently asked with child-like excitement.

'That is not for me to decide.' Avaro glanced at the first-ranker.

"Can I, Corvan?" She looked at him pleadingly.

"No." Corvan replied indifferently.

"Why not?"

"It's unnecessary." He said.

"Why? I want to see it."

"Do you want to cause the annihilation of this entire place?" He bluntly inquired as he quirked a brow questioningly at the girl. "If I summon Avaro's full form, there's a possibility that he'll destroy everything within the radius of fifty kilometers. Not to mention it'll take a lot of my energy."

"No." Valeriana hesitantly responded.

"Then, no."

She pouted. "Whatever." She murmured, feeling disappointed. "You're really amazing though, Avaro. I'm sorry you had to carry me like this."

'Thou needest not be sorry.' Avaro replied back humbly.

"Agh." She said with guilt. "I don't know how you ended up being Corvan's familiar with this humble attitude of yours."

Everyone eyed her with curiosity.

There was a rumble in the back of his throat that sounded very much like a chuckle. 'This one chose heilm juaire for a reason. Although humility itself is a big characteristic that a hero must possess, 'tis the entirety of his being that is important. His whole self as an individual.'