Chapter 28 ♕ What?

Corvan woke up only to find himself in a foreign room he never saw before. He would have thought that being defeated by a demon was a dream if it weren't for Keelan soundly sleeping on top of him. The eleventh had drooled on his top that he pushed him away instinctively in horror and repugnance.

Keelan slid off him limply before the first-ranker realized that he was lying just on the corner of the bed. The poor eleventh-ranker had been accidentally pushed off of the furniture. Corvan winced as a huge thump assaulted his ears.

He stood up, hurriedly patting his hair in place before anyone saw him looking as though a bird made his head its nest. His pride would not allow himself to hurt it any further. Being knocked out was enough to make him feel aggravated enough as he was.

He straightened the wrinkles on his clothes and stood erect, fixing his posture and appearance to the best of his ability.

"No . . ." Keelan groaned as he rolled over on the floor. "T-that's mine. Lord Lienhard . . . the meatballs you stole . . . gonna pay for it." He then rubbed his stomach, salivating while he did so.

Corvan felt a frown crossing his features. "Did he even forget?"

So Keelan dreamed of food even when he was asleep. No wonder he drooled so much. The first-ranker just found out that he would bear a grudge for life if someone did something to his meal. How laughable.

Still, where were the others? The girls, to be specific. Looking around, he only saw Brindon and Keelan—Valeriana, Tamara, and the others weren't anywhere to be seen.

He clenched his jaw.

The doors clicked and opened wide, revealing the demon he confronted before. His hackles rose and he broke into a defensive stance, his hand flying up to his waist only to find it empty and devoid of any weapon.

"I am no fool like you are to leave you with any weapon." He smiled a smile that grated his nerves. "It's such a timing, though. It is nice for you to be awake. Quite a surprise to see how you held against my demonic power. Nothing less I expected of the Celestial Twelve."

Corvan narrowed his eyes as realization dawned on him.

"Where are the others?" He asked, forcing the words through his teeth. He didn't care about how he was put to sleep at the moment, he had to know where the rest of his comrades were.

"They're safe, if you must know." He said. "I just realized I haven't properly introduced myself, which is very rude. You can call me Faolan."

"Or is that even your real name, demon?"

"I told you, it's Faolan." He then stepped aside, brushing an imaginary dirty off his shoulder. "Now, if you would please come with me."

"Why—"

"Don't make me think twice about the 'status' of your friends. I can assure you that I can change that this very second." He said with a firm, unyielding tone.

Corvan wasn't about to back down. "You dare threaten me and I will make sure to relieve your shoulders of the responsibility of carrying your head." He spat, the anger flaring in his eyes.

"Not before I do that to your friends." Faolan retorted. "You're free to resist, but if you don't comply, I cannot guarantee their safety."

It took all of Corvan's willpower not to simply pounce on the guy and claw his eyes out. He curled both of his hands into a fist so tight that his nails were digging into his palms. He was shooting daggers at the aggravating demon that he would've already died if looks could kill.

Nevertheless, it wasn't as though Faolan could not feel the intensity of his anger. If he had a choice, he would have not chosen to challenge the lord. Corvan's eyes were a pair of piercing ones—their sharpness rivaled that of a blade. The emerald green orbs were smoldered in the purest quintessence of both fury and vehemence. It took a great deal of effort out of him not to shudder as he met his gaze with his.