Love?

''It's actually quite a long story.'' Harry spoke softly as he leant back on the sofa and let out a deep sigh. ''I have enough time.'' I persuaded him to tell me the story, cause he seemed to be backing out. ''I don't know Allison, I'm not sure if it's the right decision.'' Harry sighed once again as his hands went through his hair and he looked up to the ceiling. 

''Harry, I have every right to know why Joe had attacked me like that.'' I spoke determined, and a little angry. ''You're right, you're right.'' Harry mumbled as he finally faced me. ''I, erm, you know I didn't always lived here in London,'' Harry began and I nodded for him to continue. He grabbed his champagne glass and drank it all in one gulp. He licked his lips before he sat up straight and continued, I was being very patient with him right now. 

''I used to live in Cheshire, Holmes Chapel.'' He spoke calmly. ''It wasn't fun growing up there, not because of the city, but because of the-'' Harry cut himself off as he suddenly stood up and started pacing around the livingroom. ''I'm sorry Allison, can you just leave?'' He suddenly asked as he was facing away from me but I wouldn't budge. ''What happened in Holmes Chapel, then?'' I asked softly and I could hear Harry gulp. ''Please Allison.'' He spoke sternly as he still looked away from me.

''Harry, I-'' I began weakly but he cut me off. ''I'll text or call you later with instructions. Don't worry about Joe, okay?'' He said and I let out a sigh. '''Why? Are you going to kill him?'' I asked and pursed my lips as he suddenly turned around to me. ''Leave, Allison.'' He spoke and I stood up. ''Fine.'' I spoke coldly.

''But don't expect for me to act like an angel towards when you are acting like satan himself.'' I snapped at him and he shut his eyes and shook his head swiftly. ''He won't hurt you, I promise.'' Harry spoke as he opened his eyes again and even though, we weren't on good terms right now, I believed him with whole my heart.

''Okay.'' I spoke softly before I turned around and walked out of his appartment. He didn't stop me, he didn't ask for another chance to explain, he just let me go. I could see it was obviously hard for him to talk about his past, but at least he could've tried a little more. Luckily I did had a little more information than before, now I knew he hadn't grow up in London but in Holmes Chapel which is something completely different.

But to be fair, although Harry had promised Joe wouldn't hurt me, I still had this odd feeling. This feeling that anything could happen, really.

I walked to my car and immediately sped off home. I wasn't feeling like going anywhere, seeing anyone, or doing anything really. I parked my in the driveway as I stepped out. Both of my parents' cars weren't there, so they were probably out as well. I sighed as I opened the front door and went to the kitchen to grab some snacks as I walked upstairs.

I put on my fleece pyjama pants and a plain black top as I tied my hair in a messy ponytail. I layed down on my two persons bed and stared at the ceiling, seeing a figure in every little flaw of the ceiling. I sighed deep when suddenly my phone vibrated, indicating I had received a text, and I saw it was from Harry. ''Are you alone?'' He texted shortly, so I replied with a short ''Yes.'' when he suddenly rang me. ''What's up?'' I spoke shortly and I heard him shuffle with keys or something in the background. ''I'm stopping by at your place.'' He said quickly and my lips formed an perfect 'o'. I didn't mind but what would bring him here?

''Sure, you can just take the backdoor if that's more handy.'' I spoke and I knew he was nodding right now, even though I couldn't see him. ''See you in ten.'' He spoke hastily before he hung up.

About ten minutes later, I walked downstairs in case Harry would be waiting for hours. I sat down on the sofa when I heard two knocks from the back door. I quick walked up to it and saw Harry waiting in his sweater and jeans, with a cute beanie on top. I smiled at the sight, he actually looked kind of cute.

I opened the door for him and he stepped inside, smiling weakly. ''So what brings you here?'' I asked as I walked away from him, towards the sofa. ''I thought you would've liked some company.'' He said as he scratched the back of his neck. I was kind of hoping he would apalogize for not telling me anything about Joe earlier, and he would tell me everything now but that wasn't the case, and I knew I shouldn't push it.

''Actually, I don't.'' I spoke truthfully as I crossed my arms in front of my chest and pulled my knees up to myself. ''I'll leave you to it, then.'' Harry spoke a little coldly when I stopped him. ''I don't mind having you here, though.'' I spoke again, truthfully. He cracked a weak smile at me before he sat down next to me. ''Just be patient with me, okay?'' He spoke softly as I looked in front of me, but I could feel his gaze on me. ''I am.'' I said and I could feel how he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. ''Thank you, Al.'' He said and I couldn't help but smile, it had been a while since he called me 'Al' instead of Allison.

I carefully rested my head against Harry's shoulder and I could feel him tense up a little. ''I'm actually a little scared, Harry.'' I said honestly as I didn't pull away from him. ''That what happened in the mall, I had never gone through something like that. It was scary.'' I said softly as I pulled away and looked at him, seeing him frown a little. ''I know you promised he wouldn't hurt me, but can you just reassure me he won't? Can you swear on your life, he won't hurt me? Cause I don't think you can.'' I muttered as I looked away from him. I felt his hand cup my chin and I slowly faced him. ''I can Allison, you should believe me on this one. I can reassure you, swear on my life, that if he touches you with one of his filthy fingers, I will make sure he'll be under the ground for the rest of his life.'' Harry said sharply, his harsh yet meaningful words catching me off guard.

''Why are you being so overprotective over me even though I don't mean anything to you?'' I spoke softly, hurting myself a little with these words that came out of my own mouth. ''Who said you didn't?'' Harry spoke as he looked with his piercing jade eyes at me. 

I shut my eyes as I put my arm around his chest and snuggled into his chest, with his cuddly sweater. ''Thank you for being here with me right now.'' I mustered and I could feel his chin resting on my head, as he slowly put his arm around me, pulling me closer.

''No problem.'' He spoke and in that moment, I felt completely content with everything and I knew it was all thanks to Harry.

Harry's POV

She has been laying in my arms for about an half hour now, and I don't know when her parents are coming home. They obviously can't see us like this, but Allison probably fell a sleep in my embrace and I didn't wanted to wake her up.

When she said she didn't mean anything to me, I was amazed, really. This girl had got something out of me, which hadn't been out there in quite a while. It wasn't love, because I had been through love once and I'm never going through that again. But you could say, it was something close to love, something with the same side of love, but not quite exactly.

To be honest, I didn't even knew anymore what love felt like. 

Was this love?

Seeing her curled up in my arms, her heartbeat on a soft rhythm, being able to be heard against my own? The way her eyes would sparkle a little when we were just bantering around and stealing sneaky glances of eachother? How I loved when she would say my name on a way only she could?

That can't be love, I sighed. I completely forgot the meaning of love ever since my heart got ripped out of my chest.

AN: Not quite sure how to feel about this chapter, so you tell me; did you like this chapter? You see a way more personal side of Harry and how he feels towards Allison. And what do you think should happen with Joe? I know lots of you guys read this story so please just take a minute of your time to tell me your thoughs on it since I'm writing it for you. What was your favorite part of the fanfic so far? I want 52+ votes and 12+ comments on this chapter. Xo