Godswood

The next morning I woke to my small warm room, not remembering much of what went on the night before. I dragged my tired body out of bed and walked over to the window.  Looking out the small window I saw men in the courtyard practicing their archery. Jon snow had caught my eye and my heart began to beat harder. What was it about this boy that made me so nervous and clumsy. He was handsome and kind but a bastard and I know my father would not have anything nice to say if he saw me taking an interest in Jon. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a long black gown with gold detailing around the waist and chest, the lace sleeves stopped just below the elbow. I was just about to reach for the door when my brother came booming in.

"My darling Violet, how are you this fine morning?" He kissed my forehead and went and took a seat on the chair beside my bed.

"I am well brother" I shifted towards the dresser and began to re arrange the roses Robb had ever so kindly given me.

"A gift from Robb?" He smirked at me while standing up to be by my side.

"Yes, he thought I might enjoy them, very sweet of him, don't you think brother?" I turned to face him, a smiling playing on his lips. I knew where this conversation would be going to I decided to cut it short before he could get anything out of me. "Well, if that's all brother I'll be going to look around the courtyard for awhile, I'll come see you later" before he could say another word I reached up to kiss his cheek and left him standing in my room. I made my way down the hall to find the staircase leading to the courtyard. I wandered over to where Robb, Jon and Bran were practicing their archery skills. Bran had been practicing but was having no luck, he kept on missing the target. 

"Don't think too much bran" Jon told him gripping him by the shoulders.                       

"Relax your bow arm" Robb had told him, bran took a deep breath and lined up his arrow with the middle of the target. Suddenly and arrow has shot right in the centre of the target, everyone looked behind bran seeing Arya holding a bow and smirking. She curtsied and ran off with Bran not far behind her. I tried to control my giggling and  failed to do so. Robb and Jon turned to see me leaning on the fence watching them. My eyes met Jons dark ones and the butterflies in my stomach had returned.

"Good morning my lords" i bowed before both of them.

"Good morning Violet, have you been standing there long?" Robb questioned me.

"No, not long, only to see Arya show up Bran" I said while laughing, earning a laugh from both of the young lords.

"Will you be joining your sister and I for a walk into to markets today?" Robb asked with a gorgeous smile on his face.

"Unfortunately I will not be, I promised your sister, Sansa, I would let her show me around the castle today. And I know that she was looking forward to it, I would hate to disappoint her" I apologised to him and the smile faded from his lips.

"I'm sure there will plenty more time for you and Robb to head into the markets, we aren't leaving anytime soon my darling daughter" father had said as he approached us with Ned stark walking beside him. "It turns out we won't be leaving anytime soon, there is still important issues Ned and I need to discuss, your brother Loras will be returning to Highgarden while we sort out business." I was glad we would be staying longer, it might give me the chance to get to know Jon better. I smiled at the thought of getting to know Jon better, maybe we could be friends. Father left the courtyard with Ned.

"Shall we go now Robb? I'm looking forward to seeing your markets and meeting your people" Margaery said walking over to where we were standing.  Robb offered his arm to Margaery, and she happily took it. They left the courtyard leaving me standing alone with Jon.