A girl

I awoke the next morning hot and sweaty. I looked down, practically tangled in Jon's arms. I look over at his peaceful face, his dark curls hanging loosely on his forehead, breathing so softly. I have millions of thoughts racing through my mind, never being able to focus on just one. I was to marry Robb in 4 short months, I was to become "Lady Stark." I whispered. The words sounded foreign to me, like a sour taste on my tongue that would not go away. I was only a girl who was just experiencing love for the first time, even just a glimpse of what could be love. And that would be ripped away from me and I would be forced to share with it someone else... someone who wasn't him. I turned my body to face his, as I brought my hand up to his forehead to sweep the curls from over his eyes.

Jon groaned and slowly opened his eyes, his grip over my waist tightening as he began to stir. "Morning Violet." He breathed out softly, in a husky voice. He moved his body closer to mine, closing the small gap between us.

"Good morning Jon." I giggled. Taking his head in my hands and placing a small kiss to his soft lips.

"I could get use to this." He said, smiling against my lips, causing me to smile.

"Jon." The name rolling off my tongue ever so smoothly. "You should be heading back to your chambers, if anyone was to see you leaving my room.. well, I don't know what they would do." I sighed. I didn't know what would happen to Jon or me if anyone was to find out about us and I wasn't willing to take that risk.

"I understand, Violet." His hand left my waist as he rose from the bed. I watched him slip on his clothes from last night and open the door to see if anyone was around. "Till next time." He smirked and left the room, closing the door behind him. I sighed and rolled over to look out the window. The sun had just begun to rise and the frost on my window beginning to melt. The fire had begin to simmer as my room got colder. The truth was, I missed Highgarden. The warm sun on my skin, the smell of fresh flowers and my family. I missed Margaery more than anything right now. Especially now, with everything that's happened with Jon and Robb.

I stood up from the bed and opened my dresser, shuffling through my Winterfell approved dresses. Grabbing out a long black gown with full length sleeves and gold detailing around the neck and chest. I slipped the dress over my head and combed my hair out until it was smooth. I left it untouched, falling down my back. I slipped on my shoes and made my way out the door. The cool air hitting my face and causing a shiver down my spine. I began to walk towards the dining hall, which is where I assumed The Starks would be having breakfast, excluding Jon. I opened the doors to the hall, instantly relieved at the warmth from inside.

"Violet! Come join us!" Ned starks voice boomed from the middle of the room. I smiled and made my way to the table, my eyes scanning for a seat. There was an empty chair between Robb and Sansa, and I assumed Robb had saved it for me. I pulled out the chair giving a small smile to Sansa, and took my place at the table.

"Good morning Violet." Robb said from beside me, placing his hand atop of mine. I looked down at the hand holding my own and didn't get a spark, or a rush of butterflies.

"Good morning Robb." I looked up at him and gave him a small smile. I think he could tell that I wasn't okay. He took my hand in his and gave it a small squeeze. His hand left mine as he continued to eat and discuss trading deals with his father. I ate slowly, and not all that much, I wasn't really in the mood for eating.

"So Violet, how about you let Robb take you to the Godswood today? You haven't already been, have you?" Ned spoke from the head of the table. I looked to Robb, hope filled his eyes.

"No, I haven't been." I lied.

"Good! I'll have my men saddle your horse!" He signalled to a group of his men. Everyone continued to finish their meals and their conversations. Robb finished his food and stood up from his spot, offering me his hand.

"Are you ready Violet?" I looked up and nodded my head, taking his hand in mine. We left the hall and walked towards the stables. The horse that I rode here on was standing in front of me, saddled up. The last piece of Highgarden I have left. I ran my hand over her mane and rested my forehead against her neck. "Are you okay? Violet?" Robb came over, placing a hand on my waist.

I quickly wiped a tear from my cheek. "Yes, I'm okay." I said smiling. "Now, help me on her?" I gestured towards my horse. He gave me a smirked and placed both hands around my waist, inching closer to me. He lifted me up as I swung my leg over the saddle. "Thank you Robb." I giggled. Robb walked over to the stable and disappeared into it.

"Be safe my Lady." I heard from beside me. I looked down to see Jon beside me.

"I always am." I smirked at him.

"I believe that." He winked at me, running his hand up my leg.

"Jon!" I squealed, swatting his hand away. I looked around to see if anyone was watching and luckily for us, no one was.

"I'll see you this afternoon." He smiled and walked back towards the stables. My face still hot from his touch.

"Was that Jon? What did he want?" He spits, walking towards me on his horse.

"Oh, he was just telling me to be careful, that's all." I smile at him. Leading my horse away from the courtyard. We rode side by side, in comfortable silence.

"So, how do you feel about the wedding?" Robb suddenly said. My eyes widened as I looked at his face, his soft eyes pooling into mine.

"Oh..well, I um, i-" I was fumbling with my words and my face began to heat up once more. I looked at Robb and sighed. "I'm just a girl." I looked down at my hands that were wrapped around my reins. "Not an alliance."

I could hear Robb sigh from beside me. "You're not an alliance Violet, not to me." I looked at him and he smiled back at me.

"But aren't people supposed to be in love, before they marry?" I questioned, pulling my horse to a stop. Robb did the same.

"My mother says, that love doesn't just happen for people like us." He sighs.

"Like us?" I question.

"Nobles."

"Oh." I let out a sigh.

"You have to build it, slowly, stone by stone over the years. Only then, will you learn to love one another." He breathes out, looking at me with a small smile. He gets off his horse, gesturing for me to do the same. I slid off the side off my horse and joined him at his side. I take his arm and we walk to the side of the pool next to the Godswood. "You will learn to love me Violet." He cups my face with his hands and brings my face to look at his.

"I cannot change for you." I sighed, not taking my eyes from his.

"No, and I can't make you." He brushed a loose strand of hair from my face. "But I will try and change to be the man you deserve. And slowly, I hope you can love me." He inches his face closer to mine, placing one of his hands on the back of my neck, and the other on the side of my face. His lips come in to contact with mine. His lips are soft, and work gently with mine. His lips leave mine, and places his forehead on mine. "We best be getting back." He gulps.

"If you don't mind, I'm going to stay here for awhile, I need to be alone."

"Ofcourse." He presses a kiss to my head, mounts his horse and rides off back towards the castle. I take a deep breath and head towards a log. I sat down and put my head in my hands. I don't know what to do. There is nothing I can do. My tears begin to fall to the ground as I sob in my hands. I hear a whimper in front of me, and look up to see ghost looking at me, his head tilted to the side. "Hey buddy, Jon send you?" I said, patting his head. He came closer and licked a tear from me cheek. I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"What am I going to do boy?" I sigh.