I. ANEMONE

"Woah! I am so sorry! Here let me just—"

  "Get your hands off of me! You've helped plenty."

  "Um, okay, jeez."

  "My anemone flower!? Where did it go? Oh, I've lost it, thanks to you."

  "It's under this bench. Here."

  "Thanks, what's your name? You've bumped into me already, so we may as well get to know each other."

  "I-I'm Edward."

  "Cool. I'm Melissa Raye."

  "What's the flower for?"

  "It's for a special someone..."

  "Oh..."

  "Anyways, what brings you to the Rose Centennial Park?"

  "Isn't it just 'Centennial Park?'"

  "Look around you, simpleton. Tell me what you see residing in the bed over there."

  "Tons and tons of mesmerizing roses. Red ones, blue ones, pink ones..."

  "You get the picture? The park has pretty much been renamed by its inhabitants. So, answer my first question, please."

  "My 'friends' made me late for the bus. So now I've got to walk home."

  "Gosh, I don't think that they're good friends."

  "Me neither. But I'm stuck with 'em. I have been ever since I started middle school."

  "You must've been the weird kid."

  "Don't make fun of that. It's hard going to school everyday knowing that someone is out to crush your feelings, or just throw insults at you."

  "Okay, sorry, Edward. Thanks for finding the flower. I've got to go, though."

  "Wait! Will you be here tomorrow?"

  "I always walk through the park after school."

  "Great. Then I'll wait on this bench for you tomorrow. We can just chat a little bit."

  "Okay...

  "Bye, weirdo."