X. LOVE BLOOMS

Edward stood close to Melissa, hugging her tightly. His chocolate-brown eyes stared back into hers, his heart meting every time her eyelashes fluttered.

  "Melissa Raye, for the twentieth time, will you be my girlfriend? Forever and always?"

  "Edward Roy, I accept your token of affection. I will gladly be yours, as long as you'll gladly be mine. I love you," Melissa smiled, her pretty pink lipstick gleaming in the sun. Edward grinned back.

"I will do anything to be yours, Mel. I love you, too," Edward said softly into her ear. She giggled.

Edward gently caressed her cheek, both of them blushing on a beautiful spring day. Edward pushed her hair out of her face, and leaned closer to her, both of their noses less than an inch away. He pressed his lips to hers, and Melissa put her hands on his shoulders. He wrapped his arms around her waist. If you could see the two from afar, the flowerbed would surround them, encasing the two in a beautiful frame of roses, like a memorable photograph.

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm so glad I missed the bus," Edward laughed.

"There's a little myth about this park that I never told you, Edward; this park is supposedly the crosshair for love in this city."

"Just like the flowers here, love blooms."

"True love, Edward."

"True love," he echoed her, "weirdo."