III. STATICE

"Hey, Melissa."

"Edward, I brought two flowers today. Want to have one?"

"Sure. Does this mean that I'm your new lover now?"

"No, silly. I just had extra stock."

"What kind of flower is this?"

"It's a Statice. It's beautiful, isn't it? Each flower has its own personality; it's breathtaking. It makes me wonder why everything is so correlated in the flower-universe. This goes with that, and that goes with this."

  "I'll put this in a vase at home."

  "Take good care of it, please, even though it's already been clipped and trimmed."

  "So, what's going on with Joseph today? Has he made you swoon yet?"

  "I loathe your tone, Edward. Joseph is not a bad boyfriend! You're just a mean acquaintance, assuring an insult every time we meet up."

  "Sorry..."

  "If you want to hear so much about my crush, I better hear about some of yours."

  "Well, she's got perky, green eyes that shine like a diamond, and she has silky-looking blonde hair—"

  "Not me! One of your older crushes."

  "I would rather not talk about that."

  "Please?"

  "Her name was Lily, and she was as elegant and graceful as one, too. She claimed she loved everyone, yet she made it clear that she hated me. She set up a trap to get me to fall into a trash can in sixth grade, and it worked! I stopped talking to her then, but she didn't stop bullying me. Not until seventh grade, when she transferred schools."

  "Damn, she's as horrible as you! You two would've made great partners."

  "Don't make fun of me, Melissa."

  "Sorry. It makes me feel lucky to have my boyfriend."

  "What's going on with you guys?"

  "What?! Oh, I didn't mean to say that out loud! You didn't hear that!"

  "Tell me what's wrong!"

  "Nope! I'm not saying a word! Bye, weirdo!"

  "Bye, Melissa!"

BLOOMOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara