IV. FREESIA

"Melissa, what's going on with you and Joseph?"

  "I haven't got time to talk today. Later we–"

  "No."

  "Excuse me?"

  "This is my only chance to talk to you during the day, and I'm taking advantage of it. Melissa, what's going on? You've got a melancholy look, and it's bothering me."

  "I brought another flower. It's a Freesia. E-E-Extra stock."

  "Melissa! Why're you crying? I don't want to see you this way. Please, tell me, Melissa. I love you too much to let this slide."

  "I-I-I'm worried about Joseph. H-He acts like nobody is there for him, y-yet I try my hardest to stay with h-him all day. I feel l-like he's getting bored of me. I-I think he's cheating."

"I told you that he doesn't deserve a gem like you. Seldom do guys like Joseph ever do."

"I-I-I don't know how to confront my feelings, and J-Joseph himself. I've had countless boyfriends, but I've never felt a true connection with them. Joe was the first one that made me feel complete."

"Mel, you have to have a deep conversation with him. Let him be aware that you feel discarded. Ask him if he's cheating."

"O-Okay..."

"Let him know that you care. Confess your truest, most genuine, and most serious feelings. Say something like, 'I want you to see how much I care for you. Open your eyes and take in how much love I have for you, Melissa.'"

"You mean Joseph."

"Right, right..."

"T-Thanks, Edward. I-I'll do that. I'll show him I care. You've great advice."

"I just wish that I could follow my own advice, too."

"Maybe one day. You should totally confess to a girl that you love. If you can inspire me, then you can inspire yourself."

"I'll confess tomorrow, Mel."

"Good. I hope Joseph will listen to me."

"He better."

"Bye, weirdo."

"Bye, Melissa."