I

To ThehungergamesXD - for giving me my first comment on this story.

             "Run!"

            "You go on, I'll keep them off for a while."

Feeling a strong hand clamp down on her upper arm, Arya felt herself being pulled backwards and into the middle of the dwarf group. Meeting the eyes of Thorin she growled before ripping her arm out of his grip. "Only trying to keep you safe, Arya." The dwarf raised his hands in the air, forgetting momentarily that malicious spiders surrounded them, and were attacking from all angles. Quickly drawing her bow she shot one that was poised right behind him, ready to attack.

            "You keep forgetting I enlisted on this quest to keep you out of harms way, not for you to pull me away from all the possibly threatening situations." The destined king under the mountain only nodded his head before they both continued with the task of getting out of the mess they were in.

She sensed them before they arrived; the elves were silent, and the fighting spiders and dwarfs made enough noise to cancel out all other sounds of the forest. It was more of a feeling, a prickling in the back of her neck before she saw an elf with long blonde hair slinging down from the thread one of the spiders had left behind. The elves where quick and showed no mercy as they killed off the remaining spiders.

Before she had the chance to direct her bow at the elves that now surrounded them she was pulled to the middle of the group again: Thorin protectively throwing his arms out to shield her from their aim. Still, she was a pretty easy target as she towered over the dwarves, even the taller ones like Kíli and Fíli. Her hood was up, casting a shadow over her face. What she presumed to be the leader of the group; slid forwards after killing off the last spider, his bow already arched with a arrow pointing towards Thorin's neck. She recognized him from a distant memory, his mere presence tugging at something in her mind.

            "Do not think I won't kill you, dwarf. It would be my pleasure" He spoke, his voice laced with barely concealed hatred. Feeling the anger rise within her she stepped forwards, her body now shielding Thorin's: "You'll have to go through me first."

The blond elf had backed up in surprise at her threat, whether it was because he had not noticed her before or if it was because her voice was distinctly female, she could not read from his expression. She could however see that he was straining his eyes, trying to see past the shadows her hood made, as her hand tightened on her own blade she pulled it up, knocking his bow right out of his hand. Not even a second later she could feel someone wrap their arms around her body, her blade was ripped out of her hand and someone was grabbing the back of her hood; effectively revealing her face to the elves surrounding them.

The dwarfs were quickly disarmed, and the blonde elf pulled something out of Glóin's jacket. Opening the locket he frowned at the pictures in it before he lifted his head to stare at the red haired dwarf in front of him. "Who's this? Your brother?"

            "That is my wife!" Glóin shouted, outraged. "And this, a half-breed?" The blonde elf continued, not minding the obvious glare from the captive dwarf. "That is my wee lad Gimli!" Glóin's voice was still angry, but she could hear the longing in it, he missed his boy terribly. Struggling with the guard that was holding her arms back, she hissed at the blonde elf, her eyes narrowing dangerously as she fought to keep the blade from touching her neck.

            "Let her go!" Kíli shouted, stepping forwards with his brother Fíli. Glóin also stepped forwards, and soon all the dwarves where trying to get the elf off her back. The elf however, was resistant, and pressed the sharp blade more into the side of her neck. As the blade dug into her skin, she could feel a drop of blood running down her throat, slowly stopping at it reached the hollow of her neck. Through the haze of her anger and the shouting of the dwarfs she noticed the blond elf with the vibrant eyes step forwards, one of his arms raised to silence those around him. The dwarfs took no notice of him and continued with their shouting and threatening.