Chapter 5: Luke's Back, Again

~Griff's POV~

Griff told Jorge everything that had been happening.

"Dude, why didn't you tell me this sooner?" asked Jorge.

Griff shrugged. "I dunno."

"I ship you two more than you think." Jorge laughed.

"Jorge, we're just friends now. Chill." Griff rolled his eyes.

"Way to sound boring." Jorge sighed.

"Shut up, man." Griff nudged him.

"Hey, guys," Xander said, popping his head through the doorway. "Luke's back, again. You guys wanna go say hi?"

"Sure." Jorge and Griff said in unison, making their way out the door.

Luke was talking to Emma and Ravi whilst trying to not drop his heavy luggage.

"Dude, how long are you staying? With all that luggage, I'd assume you're moving here." Griff laughed.

"Nope, I'm staying here for a few days since I have a week off from summer school." Luke grinned.

"Cool. It's always fun when you come to visit." said Jorge.

Xander glared at Jorge.

"So I'm not fun?" Xander smirked and crossed his arms.

"Eh," Jorge mumbled.

Luke turned to Griff. "So, I'm guessing you wanna have some fun? I mean, not climbing a mountain this time."

Griff laughed. "It was fun, you know, before we almost died."

"True, true." Luke looked around. "Where's Zuri?"

"I don't know. She's been in the Woodchuck cabin forever. I haven't seen her leave as of yet." Emma's eyes grew wide.

"Well I already know she's down for an adventure."

"Luke, why don't you go get settled in? Afterwards you can have an adventure, just don't almost fall off a mountain this time, please." Emma teased.

"Fine." Luke laughed. "Griff, can you show me where to put my stuff? I'm dying, these bags are so heavy."

"Sure, man. Follow me." Griff led Luke to the Grizzly cabin.

~Emma's POV~

"Hey, Zuri?" Emma asked as she walked into their cabin.

"Yeah?" Zuri rubbed her eyes and laid on her side.

"Are you okay?" Emma asked, concerned.

"I'm fine." Zuri fake-smiled.

"That's not a real Zuri smile." Emma sighed.

"What do you want?"

"Luke's here."

"Really?" Zuri shot straight up and put on her shoes.

"Well, I guess you're excited." Emma laughed.

"Totally. Wait- is Griff out there..?" Zuri asked.

"Yes." Emma grinned.

Zuri exhaled and started out the door.

~Griff's POV~

Griff showed Luke where to unpack his things, then headed out to play soccer with the guys.

"Griff, you can't get past me!" Jorge shouted, blocking the goal.

"Yeah, right!" Griff ran towards the goal, keeping the ball between his feet the whole way.

"Wow," said Xander, who was sitting on the bench. "He's got some skill."

"Not as much skill as me," Ravi grinned, flexing.

Xander shot Ravi a you-know-that's not-true-at-all  look.

"A guy can dream." Ravi rolled his eyes.

Griff was almost to the goal until Zuri caught his eye. He kicked it while not looking at the ball, sending it flying to the far right of the goal.

"What the heck, man? You could've just made a goal!" Jorge raised a brow.
Griff continued to stare at Zuri until Luke came up behind him.

"Dude, why are you staring at my sis so much? Dang." Luke whispered, nudging Griff with his elbow. "It's all good. You two belong together anyway."

Those words echoed in Griff's ear.

You two belong together anyway.

Griff blushed, turned away, and focused on playing soccer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Author's Note~

Hey guys, this chapter was shorter than usual but I hope you enjoyed it Thanks for reading, it means a lot. :)