Chapter 11: Some Things Do Have A Happy Ending

~Zuri's POV~

It was almost midnight. Zuri had spent all day making her way through sharp, thorny bushes and prickly leaves. It took her a while to get through them, until she finally found herself in the main town.

She looked closely at the map on the juvie pamphlet. Tracing the roads on the map with her finger, she made her way to a small road.

2 hours later...

Zuri was starving and aching from walking so long. She could barely keep her eyes open to read the time.

2:03 A.M.

She groaned and kept walking, until finally resting on the side of the road. Struggling to stay awake, Zuri got back up and kept going.

~Griff's POV~

Griff tossed and turned the entire night. He could barely sleep at all. He woke up for the thousandth time it seemed, and rolled off his hard mattress. Thinking about how he left Zuri made him feel nauseous every time.

Looking into his dirty mirror, Griff rubbed his eyes. He fell back onto his mattress and fell asleep.

He was suddenly waken by a loud banging noise. He looked around for a bit, then closed his eyes. The banging noise continued. Griff stood up and looked through the jail bars.

Nothing.

He fell back onto his mattress for a second time and fell asleep again.

~Zuri's POV~

She had made it. Zuri looked closely at the facility, thinking about how badly treated Griff must be in there. She was so glad she had come to save him. She checked Griff's cell number.

7534.

Zuri nodded and looked around, finding nothing to go into. There were no doors, no way of escape for the prisoners. She spotted a small vent, patched with metal to make sure no one in there got loose. Zuri kicked the vent, making loud banging noises.

"Ugh," she groaned, kicking it repeatedly. "Why does this thing have to be so loud?"

To Zuri's surprise, the metal fell off, easily making a passage for her. She climbed in, attempting to be silent.

There were still small banging noises here and there until Zuri looked down at the narrow hallway lined by cells. She looked closely at the cell numbers.

7532.

7533.

7534.

Almost squealing, Zuri bursted through the vent, running silently to Griff's cell. He was sleeping. Zuri noticed his red eyes, his tired look, his messed up hair. Griff looked cute no matter how he looked, but he looked exhausted.

Griff rolled over on his side, facing Zuri. His eyes were still closed, until there was a loud beep.

"Zuri?!" Griff stood up quickly, reaching for Zuri's hands through the bars. "I'm so excited to see you, but you know that beeping noise?"

Zuri nodded.

"That's the wake-up alarm!!" Griff panicked. "What are you gonna do? You're gonna get caught!"

Zuri panted, reaching in her bag. She had come prepared, with a small piece of metal used for picking locks.

"I'm getting you out of here." Zuri said between breaths, picking the lock and eventually unlocking it.

Griff's mouth opened to say something, but before he could, Zuri led him to the vent.

"I'm gonna try to give you a boost, okay? Just stand on my back." Zuri said, getting into a crawling position.

"But I don't want to hurt y-"

"Do it!!"

Griff nodded and stepped onto her back, grabbing the vent and pulling up into it. He turned back around and reached for Zuri's hands. She grabbed on, pulling up into the vent behind Griff.

"Prisoner 7534 attempting to escape!" a loud voice spoke over a speaker.

Griff and Zuri crawled faster until they reached the end. They climbed out and ran.

It seemed like the running never ended. Zuri was so out of breath she could faint, Griff looking the same.

"Almost there," Zuri panted, spotting the Camp Kikiwaka sign. They ran back through the same woods that Zuri had been. They soon spotted the cabins.

"But what if the facility finds me? I'll never get out of prison then." Griff said, out of breath.

"They won't. I called the facility and told them that Camp Kikiwaka moved to Mexico." Zuri laughed.

"Wait, they believed you?" Griff chuckled.

Zuri shrugged. "Yeah, I imitated Gladys. Turns out I'm pretty good at it."

"GRIFF!!" shouted Jorge and Ravi, running over to him. "I thought you were in juvie!" Jorge gasped.

"Zuri saved me," Griff smiled.

"We're so glad you're back!" Ravi exclaimed. "Wait until we tell the others!"

Jorge and Ravi rushed off. Griff turned to Zuri.

"I can't believe you saved me." Griff blushed.

Zuri blushed, looking down. Griff tilted her face up with his hand. They kissed, smiling at the same time.

"Helloooo?" Luke shouted, smirking. "We're about to roast marshmallows."

Griff and Zuri ran for the marshmallows and stuffed them in their mouths.

"Careful, we need enough for the rest of us." Emma laughed.

"Zuri?" Griff asked, gulping down a marshmallow.

"Yeah?"

"Where am I supposed to go now? Where am I supposed to live?" Griff asked.

Zuri grinned. "Well.. you can have the spare room in our penthouse in New York, you know, until you find a good home."

"Really?" Griff seemed shocked.

"Really."

Xander sang songs as everyone gathered around the campfire. Griff kept his arm around Zuri tight.

Everyone sang along with Xander. The stars twinkled bright.

This night was perfect.

Griff and Zuri smiled at each other, leaning in for a kiss.

"Told you that you two belong together." Luke laughed.

They all laughed together and ate marshmallows.

"Thanks for everything, Zuri," Griff smiled. "I love you."

Zuri blushed. "I love you too."

~The End~