Chapter 10: Sneaking Out

A few weeks later..

~Griff's POV~

Griff woke up in his dull, grey juvie cell. It had been four weeks since he left Camp Kikiwaka, and he was dying inside. As tough as he seemed, he cried every time he thought about Zuri.

He slid down against the wall, burying his face in his hands.

~Zuri's POV~

Zuri woke up, her head throbbing. It didn't even take a moment to think about Griff. Thinking about everything that happened made Zuri depressed, but she couldn't help it. Nothing could take her mind off of Griff.

Tiffany yawned. "Morning, Zuri."

"Morning." Zuri mumbled, her voice muffled by her pillow.

A few minutes later, Zuri decided to get up and go to the lawn.

"How's it going, Zuri?" Emma said sympathetically, walking up to her.

Zuri's eyes remained red. "Horrible. I can't do this, Emma. You have no idea how much I want him here."

"Zuri.." Emma sighed. "I don't know if he'll ever be able to come back."

"That's where you're wrong, Emma. Griff promised he'd be back." Zuri kicked a rock.

"Not everything has a happy ending, Zuri.." Emma walked off.

Zuri stood in place, her heart sinking.

Many campers had noticed the connection between Griff and Zuri, and looked sympathetically at Zuri as she remained still.

Then she remembered something.

"Ravi! RAVI!" Zuri shouted as she ran in the Grizzly cabin.

"What is it, Zuri?" Ravi asked.

"I need something.. um.. is any of Griff's stuff left?"

"Actually, yes. He left this." Ravi handed her a pamphlet of juvie information.

"Thanks, Ravi." Zuri grinned, her eyes noticeably less red. She ran to her cabin, reading the pamphlet.

"Tiffany, I have to do something. Promise me you won't tell anyone.." Zuri whispered.

"What do you have to do?" Tiffany asked, raising a brow.

Zuri hesitated. "Um.. I'm going to sneak.. into town. Everyone will figure out soon enough, but I don't care anymore."

"Why would you do that?! Zuri, are you okay?" Tiffany gasped.

"I'll be fine. There's nothing else you need to know. I'll be back in a few days." Zuri packed a bag with snacks and an extra outfit and headed out the door. "Oh.. and Tiffany?"

"Yeah?" Tiffany asked.

"Make sure there's still room for Griff in Grizzly cabin."

------------------------
Author's Note

Hey guys! Sorry, I know this chapter wasn't as long as the others. Hope you guys have enjoyed the story so far!