3rd prelude: Eastern Gale

Within the forests west of Mistral. A group of clansmen are hunting for a Grimm. Upon searching they found its lair and prepares for extermination.

???: This is Outpost. Checking for confirmation for the go, no-go. Trapper?

Trapper: Go.

Outpost: Bait?

Bait: Go.

Oupost: Blade?

Blade: .....

Outpost: Blade? Blade?......... Reina?

Blade: clears throat* Go.

Outpost: .......Confirmed, all forces are go. Begin operation "Titanfall". Bait, you're clear.

Bait: Roger.

Bait began entering the massive cave and after two minutes.

Bait: screams*

Blade: ...... sigh*

Bait: O-outpost, this is Bait. The g-g-g-geist is on the move. I-I-I repeat, the geist is on my tail.

Outpost: Copy. All units prepare for Grimm contact.

Bait emerges and runs from the from the cave with a golem geist chasing him.

Bait: Ahhhhhhh! This is bulls**t! No one told me we were finding a geist.

Blade: Shut your mouth and run towards Trapper, fool

Bait runs to the point where Trapper is.

Trapper: whispers* Come on. Come on. And...... Now!

Trapper springs the trap and the geist is immobilized by iron poles impaled to it.

Trapper: Blade, Go!

Blade emerges from the trees, unsheathes her blades and dives towards the geist's mask

Blade: Haaaaa!

Trapper: Reina! Halt your attack!

Blade: !!!!

Suddenly, another golem geist appears from the woods and knocks Blade back.

Blade: Ugh! *slides back but recovers* Tch! Great, now we got two.

Outpost: Trapper, assist Blade grab more of iron poles and-

Blade: I got this!

Blade merges her blades, forming a bow, and shoots at the sky with an arrow. This creates a tornado that stuns the geists.

Blade: Trapper! Poles!

Trapper hurls the iron poles and penetrates the solid stone material

Blade: Now they're mine *Reina aims two arrows at the geists' mask and releases. The projectiles meet their mark and the masks shatter.

Bait: Whoa!

Blade: Target eliminated. Mission complete.

Outpost: Hmm. Good work. Return to base.

Bait, Trapper and Blade are extracted by airship and is en route to base.

Bait: Got to hand it to ya, Reina. You really do live to to your title. What was it uh...... Eastern Gale

Trapper: 67 Grimm extermination missions, 9 assassination missions, and 5 villages defended. Well beyond what our clansmen can are capable of.

Reina: Make that 68 extermination missions and how come you know my record, Sano?

Sano: The Elders just keep track of your achievements.

Reina: ......... My title seems inappropriate.

Bait: Still, that's what the clan calls you now. Even the clan's rivals fear you.

Reina: They just came up with that and it spreads. And I don't like it.

Bait: Why? It's awesome. Or do you want me to dub you sonething cooler. Like Reina the the Windrunner or Reina Galemaster or-

Reina: readies her blade and aims its tip at Bait's throat* One more word out of your mouth and I'll skewer you, Fuso .

Fuso gulps and nervously chuckles.

Outpost: Pilot, this is Outpost. What is your ETA?

Pilot: 50 seconds to base. We're nearly home.

Outpost: Copy that.

upon reaching the base, while the unit disembarks, a clansman approaches Reina.

Clansman: Reina Ichijin! Elder Ichijin requests your presence.

Reina: Hmmm. Understood.

The clanman bows and is dismissed.

Reina leaves the base, strolls through the garden and approaches the dojo.

Reina: It is I, Reina.

???: Hmmm. Enter.

Reina slides open the door and quickly sits in the middle of the room.

Reina: It is good to see you, Grandfather. Are you well?

Grandfather: Likewise, my child. And yes I am in good health.

Reina bows with respect.

Grandfather: ....... My child.

Reina: Hmm?

Grandfather: Are you..... well?

Reina: looks with a short silence* I.... believe so. Why?

Grandfather: Listen, my dear. Because of everything you've done so far, our clan has favored you. And as a member, I am proud of your efforts. But as a grandparent, I am concerned for you.

Reina: tilted her head with curiosity* Concerned?

Grandfather: Yes, my child. Even though Sano and Fuso are your good comrades, they are far older than you. You should be with Kyrenia.

Reina: Kyrenia? But I am but her bodyguard. Her shield and blade.

Grandfather: I see otherwise, dear. You may not have noticed me but I have seen how she treats you. Like that one time, I saw Kyrenia grooming and braiding your hair.

Reina: partly covers her blushing face* Y-y-you saw that!? *flustering* T-th-that was just because Ky insists a-and I just accepted.

Grandfather: laughing* So you call her Ky, huh? However, when I saw you two, both of you were smiling. Almost peacefully; enjoying each others' company. As expected of childhood friends.

Reina: pouts* Grandfather!

Grandfather: Haha! Forgive me, my child. *searches within his kimono sleeve and hands a transcript* Here.

Reina: accepts the transcript* What is this?

Grandfather: This will allow you to enroll to Beacon.

Reina: !! But...

Grandfather: Me and Kyrenia's father agreed that both you and Kyrenia should attend Beacon. I believe that Ozpin would treat you two well. *rises, approaches, and holds Reina's hands* Please, Reina. Go to Beacon, meet new and good friends. I'm sure you're parents would want the same thing.

Reina's eyes droops a little and pauses for a moment

Reina: ....... I.... Very well, Grandfather. I'll do it.

Grandfather: overjoyed* Thank you, my dear.

Reina warmly embraces her grandfather.

Grandfather: !! *embraces Reina* Oh my! I have forgotten that you have grown. *eyes start to water*

Reina: I'll make you proud. I promise.

Grandfather: wipes his tears* You already have.