SMS Chapter 8

• Dedicated to To my beloved, my very own Z ac

Hell was that? I wondered, pulling back my hand like I had been burned. I watched as Allana did the same. Did she feel the same thing? "This old microwave must have a short in the wiring, it shocked me." She said with a small laugh, never taking her eyes off of me as she pulled the food out of the appliance in question. She made us each a plate and a large glass of wine, some fancy name I couldnt remember, and we went to sit in her pristine living room

"So are you ready to talk business?" She asked as she kicked her feet back on the glass table. I looked at her with raised eyebrows, still shocked that the perfectionist i had known only an hour ago felt so at home in this sterile environment. "The benefit consists of 12 bands, all with a half hour slot. there will be a few speakers in between sets, and I will also be speaking periodically to update the 'Funds Raised' count." She leaned in closer to make sure I heard her clearly. "You will ONLY get a half hour to perform. If you run over you will get the hook. Literally. I have one. It is shiny and long and...hooky. And I love to use it. It gets a great reaction from the crowds. You understand me pretty boy?"

She was too close to me now. i could feel her short, sweet breath on my face as she over enunciated her every word. All I could do was nod and let her keep talking about something. I didnt hear words, just the low, pretty hum of her voice as she continued talking. Her eyes shone as she got excited, and i could only guess that she was talking about orphans again. The way she could feel so passionately for one thing was admirable. It was a trait I envied. I was lucky to be able to stay dedicated to a set list. I loved the way she didn't take anyone's crap, she stood up for herself, even after such a tragedy and so much pain. But the one thing that drew me into her was her mouth. Her lips were so plump and pink, and they moved smoothly and surely. They always knew the next syllable she was going to speak, always were just where they were needed, to give that sass and attitude that was so trademarkedly hers. And as I stared at them, they kept repeating the same motion. The same word.

"Zac! Zac! ZAC!"

Wha? Oh no... Had she been talking this entire time? I was in trouble...