SMS Chapter 1

(Chapter 1)

"Let me guess... He's 6' 2", a doctor, tan, and the sweetest guy I'll ever meet. Am I close?" I asked in a sarcastic tone. Katherine was my best friend, but since she was happily married and had two precious twin girls on the way, she was constantly meddling in my love life. Not that I would have much of one to meddle with without her.

"Dear, you've been working your butt off to get that promotion, you deserve a night out. And Arthur is a plastic surgeon, one of the best in New York, and he's loaded! You'll never have to work another forty hour shift again in your life!"

"Kat, you know I love my job." And I did. Most of the time. But sometimes working between ten to fifty hour shifts with screaming ten-year-olds and sick three-year-olds can wear on your nerves. "And you know I love those kids. They need me, and dating just takes my time and focus away from them."

"But you need a life! I'm sure you'll understand me when I say that kids are great, but everyone, even you Ms. Superwoman, needs a little romance and pampering every now and again. Now you are going to adjust yourself, put on a sexy smile instead of that awful frown you're shooting me and go flirt shamelessly with the richest and hottest doctor in New York. And I expect a call in the morning. Now shoo!"

With one last grimace towards Kat, I stepped into the shadows of Le Doux, the most expensive, and shadiest, restaurant around.

*******

(A/N) For the first few chapters the characters are going to alternate so hang in there, its easy to catch on. So... What does Allana do? (job) What will happen with Arthur?? STAY TUNED!!