Matchmakers >> Scott McCall X Reader

Title: Matchmakers

Paring: Scott McCall X Reader

Warnings: insecurities, fluff, romance.

Spoilers: yes, for season three Teen Wolf and for the new movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them because I love that movie go and see it I'm too deep in love with it all...

________________________________________________________________________________

When things looked bad, and there was no other way to come out alive, Scott McCall would turn to you. Although, when that first had been a trending topic in your life-long friendship you were both young mischievous children wrecking havoc. After he was bitten, he turned to more supernaturally inclined people; Derek. Lydia, Malia, and Liam. Heck, even with Stiles as human as you were, he seemed to be on call more than you. You supposed it left you as the resident human, the half-useful person who could research anything you were asked, and always came up with extraction plans when Scott hadn't thought them through.

But all in all, you were just _______, and he was Scott McCall. True Alpha. Your best friend. And while he had been with Allison, and Kira, and now, he was single. Which, as a senior at Beacon Hills High School, and quite honestly, quite the handsome face, meant nothing if another girl came along and snaffled him up. What you had was just a silly crush, and as a total outsider to what he did in his spare time, there was no way he'd consider mousy old you.

"We're going out to catch a movie, _______, want to come with?" Lydia called out to you. Lifting your eyes above the book you were taking notes from - Folklore and Myth of Ancient Britain and Surrounds - you see the red-headed Banshee herself, flanked with Malia and Kira. 

You shake your head. "Kinda busy...Scott needs this info -," 

Kira beams, interrupting you. "We're going to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, if that sways your hard no," she tempts you. The book in your hand suddenly feels heavier than it is, and your mind racing. Wait, was it November already? You had been dying to see that movie since the first moment you caught wind that JKR had began writing a screenplay. "I'll shout popcorn." 

Malia rolled her eyes. "What's yelling the word going to help _______ stop being introverted?" She grumbled, under her breath, but loud enough for you to hear. 

You gather the book in your arms. "Count me in." Lydia grabs you by the arm, and practically drags you from the premises. "I said I'd come, not be mauled by teenage supernatural creatures, geeze." 

It wasn't long until you were in Lydia's car, squeezed beside Lori Talbot, and Kira on the backseat. Before you knew it, you were in the parking lot, beside the girls in the theatre, and watching the movie about the wizarding world in 1920's America. It had everything; the lovable main character, the no maj who was out of place in the pretty world of magical creatures and witches and wizards, a hint of magic...you couldn't help but feel somewhat like Jacob Kowalski's lacklustre roots the entire time.

"That better have a sequel," Lori mused once the credits begun to roll, "Newt was really cute."

Lydia nodded. "It'll be a trilogy, I think."

"You have the biggest crush on Scott," Malia whispered in your ear. "I'm going to get him to be your mate."

You felt your cheeks heat to a degree you had not anticipated possible for a human being to feel. In the growing lightness with the cinema lights coming back on, you felt Kira's eyes scold Malia over you, swatting her friend less than playfully. "That is not the way you tell someone you're going to help them," she hisses. Malia shrugs. "But she's right, _______. I can see it, I'm sure Lydia can too, heck, even Stiles."