Polarity >> Rey X Reader

Title: Polarity 

Paring: Rey X Reader

Warnings: lesbians, some nudity, fluff, angst, cutesy

Spoilers: no, none! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

In the twin moonlight, dim, and streaming through the clouds and window, you open your eyes, awake. You're not sure why you're awake, or what prompted your body to rouse, yet, without answers, you are here. Awake. In the bed you sleep in, the sheets are rucked up, wrinkled to oblivion, and kicked away. The other side of the room is bare of the body of your friend that had lay on the other mat. The window, ajar the curtains flowing like silk rivers in the night breeze. Somewhere, from outside, you hear a noise. Click-clonk.

Perhaps that is what woke you.

A foot from the bed, and then another, you leave the warmth behind, and from there, leave the confines of your room. If this was an attack, you would hear more than the sound of something soft in the night-time. There would be blasters blazing, explosions and battle cries. You are Resistance from the blood in your body to the breath you breathe, born and raised. Your planet allied themselves with it generations ago, distrusting the Galactic Republic's intentions from the time of Darth Vader. You are your planet's only hope, and hidden away, you, the lost princess, spending your days upon the isles of Ahch-To, kept in exile with Jedi Master Skywalker. Safe, from all the danger, prepared for when the battle requires you to step forth and rule what is yours.

The dreams Master Skywalker's sister had of you had meant you were more than just a human princess. The details had not been shared with you, yet, your father agreed to falsify your death to the people of your planet, and hide you away to train with Master Skywalker and his Padawan, Rey.

The noise continues, and still, your bare feet carry you toward it, toward where the persistent click-clonk originates, continues inconsistently. You follow it, until you're halfway down the hillside of the isle you live and train upon, and in the moonlight, you see her.

Rey sits upon the edge of the shore, legs crossed. She wears one of your nightdresses, made of a thin silvery material, and in the night wind, it floated around her toned body, her hair in its buns stayed still. Her hands were full of pebbles, and with every breath that left your chest, every moment that passed, another pebble was selected, and tossed. Selected. Tossed.

"You're upset, aren't you?"

She turns to you, eyes wet with silver rivulets that trickle down her cheeks, falling slowly, softly. In the near two years you had spent with her, you had never seen her cry, well, never in unhappiness or discomfort. She would cry when you tickled her, or perhaps, when you surprised her and Master Luke with seasonal gifts from your home planet's main holiday. It tears your heart to see her like this, miserable.

She does not answer your question. Her silence does.

You place your hand in hers, and wordlessly, sit beside her. In the night air, your hair dances to the breeze's song, and you and the woman you love look across the water on the planet the both of you call your new home. She makes a noise, and unthreading your digits from her hold, you work the bands of leather to loosen around her hair.

Rey mewls as you release the pressure of her tied hair, and with a deep breath, she rests her head upon your shoulder.

"I have to be ready," her voice would be lost to the night, the words are spoken so quietly, but your ears are keen, and you catch the words. "I fought against him then, and I need to fight against him again."