Chapter 2: Break Free

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Seán McLoughlin

All I could do is smile as I walked casually along the corridors of the prison, getting through undetected. I reached for the pistol in the holster, the feeling of holding a gun again was so exhilarating.

"Hey!" A fellow jailer called, who was on a floor above me overlooking the cells, "What happened there?"

I just shrugged lazily and tried my best to imitate a solid American accent, "Nothing, McLoughlin's kinda sick." I said without looking up at him.

The man guffawed, "He's pretty much gonna die in here, that man always looked sick."

It took all my willpower not to draw out my gun and shoot him on the spot.

I brushed it off and made my way towards the outer prison bars, my hands playfully jiggling the bundle of keys hanging on my belt. I unhooked the bunch and unlocked it, gaining access to the main corridor of the facility where all of the sections of the cells were linked.

Keeping a slow pace, I took a deep breath, praying that I wouldn't get discovered as I passed by two other jailers who were conversing. Luckily, they didn't seem to mind me.

My chest pounded with anticipation as I approached a door up front, it was the main control room of the entire building. I stopped a few feet from it, looking around me checking the surroundings making sure that no other guards were roaming the spot.

I went inside. The place was filled with more than a dozen monitors displaying live video feeds of mostly every section of the prison. And in there were three guards keeping an eye out for something to happen out of the ordinary.

One of them looked back and saw me, "Hey." He greeted, taking off his hat and exposing his blonde hair.

"Hey." I greeted back, quietly locking the door behind me. The three men just went back to staring at their screens as I wandered around, looking at everything around me seeing the framed pictures of the people who had previously serve in this establishment and some trophies.

I reached for a small gold plaque on the shelf bearing the New Jersey police emblem and weighed it in my hand, it had a solid weight to it, almost half as heavy as the six kilos diamond play button I have back at home. I gripped it tightly and concealed it behind my back, carefully walking towards the three men.

Using all my strength, I raised the plaque high above my head and quickly brought it down on the man's head who was in the middle. Right after that, I quickly elbowed the man to the right in the chin shattering his teeth while using the plaque-turned-bludgeoning tool to hit the third guard in the face.

The first man dropped dead on the ground, killed by head trauma while the other two were disoriented from the initial blow. One of them then lunged at me but I counteracted by uppercutting him. The other reached for the emergency button but I quickly tripped him with my feet.

Knowing they were vulnerable and writing in pain on the ground, I seized the opportunity and wrapped my arms around the blonde haired jailer's neck while my legs did the same to the other. The two struggled to hit me, but I tightened the chokehold even more. They wheezed, the air being forced out of their lungs.