Chapter 4: Under The Radar

Chapter 4: Under the Radar

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Felix Kjellberg

Seán kept driving as fast as the heavily-armored prison van could, driving onto the open road. The night was no longer quiet, as the sirens of the police cruisers were blaring and the screams of the lawmen were coming from megaphones.

"Hold on to something, we're going off road." Seán said, sliding the small window panel open again. Mark and I held onto the steel bars overhead as he turned the vehicle right. The tires screeched as we went into a narrow alley, the sides of our van grinding against the brick walls.

The first pursuing vehicle crashed into the corner resulting in a pileup of the following cars. The cars flipped and further blocked the way.

"I hope you guys are still wearing your seatbelts." The Irishman reminded. Up front were two SWAT vans blocking the exit firing their guns at us. The engine roared, we braced ourselves waiting for the impact.

There was a loud bang, our van jolted violently but did not lose control. I glanced out the back doors and saw the wreckages of the vans tumbling along with bodies of the SWAT Teams.

Our troubles were far from over as another batch of pursuers joined in.

"Keep your eyes on the road, S!" I exclaimed, loading my assault rifle, "We'll get rid of these pigs."

"Here, this might come in handy." Mark handed me a thick leather strap, I immediately knew what he meant. I wrapped the strap around my torso and hung the ends on the overhead bars using it as a makeshift safety harness.

Mark and I pushed the doors open, both of us relying on the straps that kept us attached to the vehicle while swaying side to side with Seán's driving. I aimed for the cars, the motion making it quite impossible to get a clear shot.

"STOP THE VEHICLE!" The man yelled, bringing out his gun to fire back at us.

"HOLD ON!" The driver bellowed as he drove onto the opposite lane, crashing through the steel barricade that separated the two roads. We were driving through oncoming traffic now, swerving past cars and seeing them lose control avoiding us.

"They're not giving up!" Mark yelled. Four cop cars had followed us.

I pointed my gun at the vehicle that was the closest. I pulled the trigger, unloading a shower of bullets from my gun into the cruiser's hood. Mark was shooting the other cars while Seán was driving in a zigzag motion, preventing them from getting a clear shot at us.

"Fuck this!" Mark put down his gun and ran back to the bag of weapons.

Mark Fischbach

I dug into the bag and took out a bunch of grenades before rejoining Felix who was still guns blazing at the cops. I reached outside for one door and closed it back using it as a cover from all the bullets that were raining on us. I pulled Felix behind it and held him there.

"We're wasting bullets." I said, "We use these." I handed him a grenade, "I'll go first. Hold on to my belt." I instructed, taking off my own harness as he had a firm grip on my waist.