Chapter One

I hated school. I mean, I love learning, all the subjects, anything educational. But being surrounded by mouth breathing narcissists kind of ruins it. It's not just that either, no one in there cared about school, cared about learning, infact they didn't even need it. They're all here choking on their fathers money waiting for the day their parents slip in the shower so they can claim their inheritance without even lifting a finger in life. Me on another hand I received a scholarship to this sliver spoon private school in Michigan, uniforms and all. This schools price was equivalent to a small community college and I made my way in with a 4.0 and community service without a dollar to my name. Which is Vic, if you were wondering. This, being here is making my small town parents, my brother mike and potential colleges proud. And school hasn't even started yet and I can feel the regret radiating off the school from the airport. Now ,now I know what you're thinking but I've heard plenty about this school, my friend Jordan Fish has been attending that school for a year and I know a shit ton about these money grabbing imbeciles and their pretty penny school. My main goal is to try to graduate unnoticed, completely under the raidar.

I wasn't even that familiar with the family I was going to live with, I was just sitting there a guitar case in one hand, dufle bag over my shoulder and a suitcase in the other. I was basically an exchange student. So when a big shiny black Rolls-Royce pulled up, the gulp I forged from my throat was actually slightly painful.

A small skinny lady with big, thick, dark sun glasses and a big prada bag that could kill a man than quickly hopped out of the passanger side door and hugged me, or I wasn't really sure what that was. She kind of just, put her two frail manicured hands on my shoulder blades and air kissed the sides of my head. Another man stepped out of the car, oh this guy looked important alright. He then shaked my hand and welcomed me and helped me put my luggage in th back. Mr and Mrs Quinn, the family I was living with for my junior and senior year. They told me they also have a son who is in my grade and attends my school as well. They weren't sure where he was, out with friends they presumed. The way they talked to me, they made sure that each word they said was clear as if I didn't understand them. I was from California not Mexico. They also explained the living arrangements, and other buisness like things for me to know. The rest of the car ride was silent, which was good it kept me from tearing my face off then propelling myself from the car.

When we arrived, christ the house was a mansion. It was four times the size of mine. When a house has marble pillars inside, it's fucking expensive. They showed me my room, or more like a second mini house inside their house. My closet was already stocked with my school uniforms and I was almost expecting a chocolate on my pillow and you know what there fucking was! I had my own bathroom and my bed was king sized. Their son 'Kellin' which was no where to be found had the room across from mine. I was gagging on white leather in this house. The house was incredible, I'm surprised they didn't have a oil painting of Mr. Quinn above the fire place. They did have quite a few pictures though, many of their family. But no Kellin. Actually I couldn't help but wonder what he looked like, hopefully good looks ran in the family, I'm a sucker for blue eyes to be honest. Regardless I'm not here for relationships. I'm here for school and to get into an Ivy league college. Besides this guy probably isn't even gay, it seems no one is.

So far both of the parents seemed nice, Mr. Power suit seemed very formal and up tight and I probably wouldn't see him much, he seemed that he worked a lot. Especially since he looked like he could buy Mount Rushmore and turn it into a shopping mall.

I have a few days to prepare for this school, and I am not the slightest bit ready. I might as well call Jordan and tell him I'm here and for him to pray for me.