Chapter Eleven

Our musical instrument project was due in one more week and finishing the ukelele was one of the biggest accomplishments this year. It was constructed beautifully and it sounded great, now we just need the song, that stupid song. The requirement was to play a song not make one so luck was on my side there. We were in Kellin's room at this point trying to figure out exactly which song we could do, I talked to my teacher about all of this and she basically demanded for either of us to sing. I was an ok singer but, I believed Kellin had a much prettier voice. Kellin thought the opposite, I tried to compromise since I was already playing the ukelele but, Kellin said he was refusing to sing without me and there's no arguing with the always stubborn Kellin. We actually started to lean towards the option of me just playing and Kellin free styling the lyrics since he was actually pretty good at doing that. We ended up playing a nice simple song from a band that both Kellin and I enjoyed.
We practiced it a few times until we got sick of the song entirely. I could tell that Kellin was nervous about the whole performance thing so I constantly had to reassure him that he would do fine and he would, I knew he would.

As the days rolled by doomsday was coming upon us at a fast and sickening pace. We haven't really practice as much as we should have instead we sorta just hung out, like right now. We were currently at a record shop looking through punk CD's and Records. My suggestion. I just found this place and it's beautiful I swear. Kellin told me it just opened a few months ago. The shops name was a bit odd, it was called the 'Electric Fetus' or I've heard the staff just say 'fetus'. I'm kind of thinking about applying, well here or at Zumies because the people who work there literally just walk around and complain about how expensive everything is. I agree with them, 90 dollar sweatpants with a diamond on it is a bit physically damaging just to think about.

It's our last day to prepare until the whole performance but we both agreed that we've done enough in these two months and have it all down. At first Kellin didn't know all the lyrics but now he can sing it backwards and fowards, figuratively speaking. I only agreed to sing in the chorus. If this goes terribly wrong at least I know that the hospital is super close, I've ran to it about 10 times. After going home we prepared the Ukelele and a page with the song lyrics and finished the finishing touches. We even decided to personalize it by carving our names in it, Kellin suggested to carve a heart around our names. I considered it for a second then responded by punching him on his arm playfully.
-
We both were standing in front of the door way of our music class, I wasn't as nervous as Kellin but I still stood outside with him. He still had his sense of humor though,
"Do I smell failure?" he asked jokingly.
"Well that is failure giving off that scent." I responded. When we looked at each other I noticed his hands were shaking so I held it for a few seconds,
"Breathe, it will be alright." I said. He nodded breathing in and out and held my hand back tightly, lacing our fingers together. Once his grip loosened I let go, if his eyes weren't closed he probably would of noticed me starring at our hands intwined together.
We entered the class finally and sat next to each other watching the others performing. When the group before us Kellin got nervous all over again. I placed a hand on his leg and he visibly relaxed then opened his once tightly shut eyes and focused on my hand. I felt as if my hand being there was making an awkward vibe between us so I brought back my hand. Kellin looked at me and gave me a slight smile when our name was called out.

It all went well, really well. After our performance ended there was applause and the teacher complimented us a whole bunch. After the class ended we were pumped. Once the bell rang we both went out into the hall like everyone else,
"That went amazing Vic!" Kellin said enthusiastically shaking my shoulders.
"See, I told you it was going to be alright" I said.
"You were right and more" he grinned, "We need to celebrate".
"Yeah, yeah" I said dismissing it.
"I'm serious Vic! We deserve it, lets go right now." he proposed.
"Right now?" I asked not believing he would try to make me cut class.
"Yep, right now!" before I could even protest he latched onto my arm and started to drag me towards the back parking lot of the school. I wanted to finish this school day, really I did but going with Kellin sounded like the best option at the time.
Once we got to the parking lot and into Kellin's car, it finally dawned on him he had no idea what he was doing or going. He just decided that maybe by starring at the steering wheel the idea would just magically pop into his head. Well at least that's what he looked like he was doing.
"We can go to a movie or something" I suggested.
He looked at me nodding then started the car with an overload of enthusiasm , it was cute.
"What's cute?" Kellin asked snapping me our of my thoughts.
Shit I've been caught, "What? I was thinking" I said.
"About?" Kellin smirked.
"Cats. Lets go." I said.
Kellin smirked at me and started the car and drove to the nearest cinema.

We watched a long movie and lost track of time. I wasn't sure of it was a three hour long movie or a two hour long movie. We barely watched it, both Kellin and I are picky about movies and point out anything wrong with it. We basically payed to make fun of a multi-million dollar movie. After the movie ended we walked around the mall that was connect to the movie theater and hung out. We looked like we were having a cheesy photo montage like you would see in the movies. Kellin took pictures of me in weird sunglasses or clothes and I know that one day he will hold them against me for blackmail. Of course since Kellin hates pictures I have none of him.

Then we went out to eat and had a really good time, it was around five o'clock and there is a 50/50 chance that Mrs. Quinn would be home and there's no doubt she would have received a call by now informing her that both her son and transfer student skipped the majority of their classes and left school grounds without permission. Obviously Kellin didn't give a damn what his parents had to say about him skipping school or anything for that matter but, I did. I need to set an example and represent the school and my family. I would say that Kellin made me do all of it but, lets be honest here I knew what I was doing and I'm glad I did.

It was getting late, we were about half a mile away from the house. Kellin didn't care at all that we both were about to get grounded (me for the first time ever), in fact he actually was really happy looking slowly cruising along. Until everything just went to shit, not even realizing the car was running low on gas, it started to make this binging noise signaling the fuel tank was low. It gave us enough time to park onto the side of the road until the car completely shut off.
"and the clock strikes 12 Victorella" Kellin smirked.
I rolled my eyes at him, it was only seven o'clock "and your car just turned into a pumpkin and now we have to walk" I said.

About five minutes into our walk I felt a rain drop on my shoulder, just our luck. Not even a moment after it started to pour.
"You're kidding, you have to be fucking kidding" Kellin shouted. We started to run faster than the rain hit the ground. It was no use though, we were unbelievably soaked.

By the time we got to the house we both have slowed down a lot more, Kellin was kind enough to give me his jacket (I'm low on gas and you need a jacket represent!! I swear I just read back on this and this was pure coincidence I think!!) which was still no use since I was as soaked as he was but, it still was a nice gesture. His jacket was warm and it smelled exactly like him it was comforting. Seeing the Quinn's home was the light at the end of the tunnel and we both got this sudden burst of energy and ran towards the doors. The whole situation was really funny once you think about it and we entered the house soaking wet and in a fit of laughs and giggles. Failing to notice Mrs. Quinn with an unimpressed look taping her foot, arms crossed and all. When I saw her my face went blank but, I was still laughing inside.

She lectured us like a responsible adult should and we both were holding in our laughter during it all. Once she dismissed us we were instructed to go to our rooms and we walked up the stairs. Kellin was blamed for the whole situation mostly because he took all the blame, knowing that if I got in trouble my little heart wouldn't be able to take it.
I was about to go to my room, really I was but, I didn't want to. Something inside me was making me stop in my tracks and watch Kellin walk towards his bedroom making it so that I wouldn't see him until morning.
"Kellin" I caught his attention "You're jacket.".
"You can keep it if you want" he said.
"No no, it's yours" I said.
Before he could protest, I walked towards him, stopping directly in front of him. I took off his jacket and held it from the collar and draped it over his shoulders. My hands stayed on his collar and I slowly met his gaze. Before I even knew it, I smashed my lips against his into a hungry kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck. I jumped and he held me up as my legs wrapped around his waist. Kellin responded to the kiss right away and he led me to his room.

I didn't expect this day to end so perfectly.