V. A S H T O N

05| Ashton

December '17

December '17

A rapid tapping on the front door had pulled me out of my haze.

I swung the door open to reveal a shivering and soaked Calum who had obviously walked through miles of the harsh weather.

I pulled Calum inside sighing, Luke had left for the airport 30 minutes ago, going to pick up the devil who supposedly wore Prada.

"We need to get you some warmer clothes Cal, you won't survive winter like this." I chuckled slightly dragging the boy up to Luke's bedroom.

The shivering boy hadn't said a word since he walked in.

Ashton rummaged through Luke's obviously unorganized drawers finally pulling out a thick, long sleeved shirt.

I turned around to find Calum already peeling off his shirt, he huffed as his arms got stuck in the tight fabric, trying to pull it off his head to no avail.

I chuckled at the seemingly helpless boy before I noticed something.

"Calum where did those come from?" I pointed at his stomach and rib cage, where sickening bruises had formed, some slightly yellow which he had guessed to be fairly old.

Calum hesitated for a moment looking slightly confused for a moment before looking down at his lower stomach.

"Oh those old things, don't worry about them ash you know how clumsy I am." He laughed nervously as he snatched the long sleeved shirt from my grasp. I decided not to press the matter any further, nodding I exited the bedroom and walked down into the kitchen.

I heard the sound of a familiar car engine, followed by two slams of the doors.

"They're here."

-

"So Lindsay, what school do you plan on attending next year?" Liz had broken the awkward silence, the 5 of them were seated around the dining table, the tension was suffocating all of them.

Lindsay was nothing like Ashton had imagined.
She had long thick black hair, which for all the time she had been here was tied up in a pony tail, she had sharp eyes and a narrow face, she was gorgeous, not that he had expected her to be any less than that.

She was very... how do you describe it, cut off. As in she cut you off when you went to speak to her, she was one of the biggest Know-it-alls he had ever met and he had only known her for around an hour.

"Well Luke and I were talking about going to a college down in Florida but he still hasn't made his mind up about it yet." She responded shooting a pointed glare in his direction, he only stayed quiet.

Liz had frowned at her response and went to change the subject before noticing something strange.

"What's wrong dear? Not like the food?" Liz had asked her frown only deepen making ashton slightly furious.

"No, Liz you're a wonderful cook! I just don't exactly eat this.. I'm not sure how to put this but I'm a vegan." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and continued eating, who did this chick think she was.

"Oh sorry dear, Luke I wish you would've told me this before hand."

"Sorry mum, must've forgot." He mumbled sheepishly. This made Lindsay scoff rolling her eyes slightly.

"Well it is one of the first things I told you about myself when we started dating almost half a year ago, but it's fine Liz, I had food earlier today." I looked at her in disbelief, I didn't like her not one bit, and I could tell by the way Calum's foot was tapping at a faster pace than usual he felt the exact same way I did.

"Well I think your food is lovely Liz, cmon Ashton lets go start on the dishes." Calum said obviously not wanted to sit through this anymore.

"Oh no boys I can do it-" Calum had cut her off with the wave of his hands and a smile playing on his lips.

"Not gonna happen, you cooked this amazing meal so we'll clean it up. It's only fair." Liz frown from earlier had completely disappeared as she grinned at Calum.

"You're the son I've always wanted Calum." Making him fall into a fit of giggles as the two sons jokingly glared at their mom.

After they had cleaned the last dish they stepped out of the kitchen, they had finished just in time to catch a glimpse of Luke leading Lindsay up stairs supposedly showing her to the guest bedroom at the end of the hall.

Luke had refused to share a bedroom with her after their mom had suggested it, at first I didn't understand why, but now he completely understood. Why was he with her though?

Some things just don't add up.

Let me get my calculator this doesn't add up lolz. Is anyone even reading this book? Anywhore don't forget to vote and comment it will make me happy bc I'm having a shiiiit day and you comments make me happy 😊 love y'all who actually read this. Xx
-B