XV. LUKE

15| Luke

January '18

January '18

You know, that one moment, that one moment were you wake up. When the room is spinning because you set up too fast and the light peaking through the window is blinding you.

That one moment were your heart is beating so loud in your ears and you're convinced the person in the room next to you can hear it.

Calum was gone when I woke up, no trace of him ever even being there, except I felt cold, no longer trapped in his heat. I was almost certain that the night before had been a dream.

But it wasn't, because there was still a small pool of water on my hard wood floor where he had dragged in snow, the clothes that I lent to him, were gone.

I had felt a heat pool in my stomach, not the good kind either, the kind when all your nerves are on fire, your hand shake and you feel as if you could physically combust at any second.

He left me.

-

ASHTON

Michael and I were sitting at the kitchen counter crunching on two bowls of Frosted Flakes when Luke came thundering down the stairs.

His eyes were blown wide and he looked frantic, and he had this sort of anxious tick that traced all the way down to his fingertips as he fidgeted.

He came over to the kitchen and hovered over the opposite side of the bar across from us, and he spoke in a hushed voice. "Calum stopped by last night."

My spoon hit the rim of our bowls as we looked at him.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Michael asked.

"He didn't want to be seen." Luke looked away awkwardly and I slightly smirked, something must have happened.

"Well where is he now?" I question, making Luke shake his head.

"I have no idea, he was gone before I woke up." To this I raised my eyebrows and looked at Michael.

"He probably finally went home, Come on. We're going over to his place and bringing him back home, even if we have to break down the door" I stated turning to head up the stairs Michael following in suit, muttering behind me.

"Yeah, cus that doesn't sound like a law suit waiting to happen."

As I was gripping the railing, mom burst through the front door, looking frantic, with police men trailing behind her.

I stopped "Mom what's going on." To which one of the other deputes spoke up.

"We're looking for Calum hood."

I let out a strangled breath. They're looking for him. That's a step above we found him in a ditch last night. Not great, but better. I think.

Before I can respond, Luke shakes his head and replies. "We haven't seen him in a couple weeks. We've been trying to get ahold of him. Did something happen? Is he okay?"

He's better at this whole lying thing than I am. I simply stare at the two officers and Mom, unblinking, trying to keep myself calm. Logical. What in the world could have possibly happened?

Mom takes a deep breath. "Calum's mother was murdered."

Whoop there it is. Lmao okay so I started the chapter with Luke because I felt like his reaction to Calum leaving needed to be in there but I felt like I wanted to show Ashton's POV on Calums mumma being murdered. But anyways short chapter because I suck ass, but it need to be done, I felt like it needed a cliff hanger. ANYWAYS so who do you think killed Joy, lemme know in the comments. Pls don't forget to vote and comment, love you guys.

-B