IX. A S H T O N

09| Ashton

New Years Day '18

New Years Day '18

We sat on the rooftop until we saw the sun start to appear on the shoreline, before we paddled back to the main land.

The tension was thick and when we had finally arrived home I had convinced Calum to stay the night, well morning, instead of trudging through the snow back to his home.

When we got upstairs Calum watched as Luke and Lindsay retreated down the hall with a sigh.

I pulled him into my room and shut the door lightly as swung around to meet his back turned towards me, his heavy jacket still weighing down his shoulders.

"What happened out there?" I asked after moments of silence, he shifted to see me.

"We got the cooler." He spoke monotonously, not meeting my eyes.

I scoffed in disbelief, something happened, him and Luke had barely uttered a word to each other since they arrived back on the roof top.

His eyes finally met mine and he let out another long sigh, I could see something flicker in his eyes has he shook his head.

"I kissed him, okay? I fucked everything up and I kissed him." Calum spit.

"Calum, how could you put Luke in this position, he has a girlfriend!" I spoke harshly.

"I know Ashton, I already got the 'no Calum, bad dog!' speech I don't need it again." I had no idea what to say.

"But you know what he didn't say during his lecture? He never said he didn't feel the same way, and I swear he did kiss me back." He spoke wildly, I pursed my lips.

Calum pulled off his coat and I saw as he lifted his arm, that he was supporting a large bruise on his bicep.

He walked quietly over to my window, his head bowed in shame, the only light in the room was flooding from that window as he lifted his arm to rest it on the side of the window seal.

"He doesn't trust me." He whispered his voice hoarse.

I walked over to him and inspected his bruise brushing my thumb over the finger sized mark on one side.

"You haven't exactly told us the truth about everything." I mumbled softly.

He chuckled and turned his head toward my desk before walking over and picking an object up off of it.

He spun around and I saw that he had Luke's camera in his grasp, Luke must have left it in here from the last time he was taking pictures from my window.

"Can I borrow this?" He asked nervously wetting his lips.

"It's Luke's." I trailed off.

"I know but he doesn't really use it anymore since he got a new one for Christmas. You guys want the truth and I will give it to you. Just let me borrow this." All I could do was nod my head as he slightly smiled.

"Thanks ash." I tried to return the smile as i grabbed his wrist and led him to bed.

Merry fricken Christmas, Happy Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or whatever you celebrate, or if you don't celebrate anything at all. Decided to update as my gift to you, new chapter will be out by the end of the week, I've been shitty at updating so I promise this. All my love is sent to you, don't forget to vote and comment. Xx
-B