VIII. L U K E

08| Luke

New Year's Eve '17

New Year's Eve '17

On New Year's Eve I become unsure of this entire trip, we had bought the raft and I'm not sure I trusted making it to a desolate island in the hands of Calum.

He was undeniably smart, but he did make dumb choices.

Speaking of Calum, he had started making good use of the phone we had bought him, starting the day after we dropped him off at his house, he had text me bright and early every morning since, acting as if nothing had happened.

As of right now, the 5 of us were scaling the side of the same cliff, me trusting the boys to help me down, the cool breeze blew through my hair as my feet sunk down onto the beaches sand.

I had heard Lindsay and Ashton talking last night after we revealed to her our plans for today, she refused to come with us, and Ashton being the sweet boy he is offered to stay home with her along with Michael and once she had thought alone about me and Calum, alone. On a deserted island. She decided to tag along.

Calum was the first one down so we had tossed down the raft, he had already blown it up and was sitting in the center of it with 4 paddles laid across his lap by the time all of our feet hit the sand.

"Let's go." He giggled standing up and tugging the float along with him as he walked to the water.

"Ladies first." He ushered his hand as he steadied the raft, Lindsay had an uneasy look on her face as she walked over, putting one foot inside the raft and climbed in.

We soon followed after, all the boys grabbing paddles, Calum pushed the raft forward and climbed in as we sailed forward, he grabbed a paddle as well.

We paddled for around 20 minutes until we finally reached shore, Calum clambering out quickly.

The island smelt of the fresh salty ocean air, we had managed to lug a cooler along with us and I got the unfortunate job of carrying it.

Calum went to lend Lindsay a hand out of the raft but she brushed him off and climbed out herself. I felt the urge to roll my eyes as I followed along carrying the cooler.

"Look like it did last time you swam here Calum?" I heard Ashton joke as Calum gave a confused look before rolling his eyes.

"Shutup, I can prove to you I've been here! Let's go to the building." He replied defensively as he pulled the raft up the beach and set the paddles inside.

Lindsay found my hand and latched onto it as we pushed through the trees Calum obviously leading. We had passed to old shacks which I had made them stop at so I could snap some pictures.

We had finally reached the tower building, Calum had described every detail up to the smallest cracks in the pathway. He spun around and gave us all a smirk, while we stood there shivering. It was a half an hour to Midnight by the time we reached the tall red brick building. I left the cooler outside as Calum pulled us into the building.