Chapter 24: Kenna the Wrecking Ball

I found myself in the park on the edge of dusk, seemingly alone. I knew that was wrong for two reasons; since I could feel the comforting presence of Enigma hovering close beside me, and since within a few seconds of my arrival a shape materialised from behind one of the trees and shuffled towards me.

He was afraid of me; I could see it in his eyes, and it gave me a flash of satisfaction.

"You're here without any of the Supers?" He asked a little suspiciously, though I can't say I blame him.

"As you see," I gestured around me. It was a bending of the truth, shall we say.

He peered about like he didn't quite believe me.

"I just want my brother," I growled. "Let's get this over with."

"Alright, then," he conceded. "I have to touch you to make the jump, just so you know. So don't like, take my arm off or anything, okay?"

I bared my teeth at him in a semblance of a smile, glad he was already intimidated. "It's tempting, but I'll resist." He was such a bad Villain. I felt Enigma press right up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist so that he'd make the jump too, and my smile became a little more real.

"We'll go now, then." He stepped forward and put his hand on my shoulder.

Though I'd never teleported before, it felt a lot like when I folded space, so it didn't throw me too much besides a slightly whirling stomach.

It clenched harder when I saw Seb trapped in one of Electron's forcefields.

"Good evening, Kenna," Morgan's smooth voice came from beside me. "So glad you decided to join us."

"I won't be here long, you piece of human garbage," I said civilly, with a broad smile. Two could play this game.

Hisses came from the room. I counted five besides Morgan. Spotting Sonic, I said a quick thank you to Gareth's team. Poison was there as usual, plus Jumper, Electron and man I'd seen when they tried to jump me in the park. Six against two seemed like decent odds here.

Out loud, I laughed. "You've got your peanut gallery out in full force, haven't you? The baddie life must not be as alluring as it used to be, but I give you that your peons are pathetically loyal." I cast a scathing eye around the room. Poison, ever cool, winked. Electron caught my eyes and held them, before I looked away.

"I take it you aren't here to acquiesce to my request? At least, not willingly." Morgan's pleasant voice held a slight edge.

"I'm just here for Seb. The rest you can go screw yourself over," I gave him an angelic smile.

"He's a bit stuck at the moment." Morgan allowed himself a satisfied smile, like the cat that got the canary.

"We'll see," I replied. "Seb, you okay?"

"Peachy," he said grumpily. That made me feel better, since they obviously hadn't hurt him, though he did seem to be sporting a bit of a shiner. Probably a result of the tussle in getting him there. I suspected Electron might have a matching one under his mask.

"Right. Hold tight." I caught Electron's eye and smirked before I began pushing the web of his forcefield off of Seb, like I'd done for myself. I hadn't been sure that I could do it, but after a few moments, I could see and feel it lifting and drifting off.

"Thanks, Sis," Seb grinned, before twisting his torso, flexing his limbs and back flipping theatrically out of his prison.

"Showboating runs in the family, I'm afraid," I explained to the stunned room.