Chapter 8: A Friendly Visit From L.A. Part 1 of 3

(Okay. As the title of this chapter says, we get a visit by someone from L.A., but who though? Well, you'll soon find out. Just don't drop dead, or something. All you need to know that it's a crossover between two movies. Of course The Secret Life of Pets, but the other...again you'll find out if you continue to read this. BUT, IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO READ THIS, then I'll break into your house, grab you wherever you might be, ANNNND...hug you and do nothing about it.)

Anyway...

Max's Pov

About two days after Gidget's birthday, and right now...

...

...

...I'm bored out of my mind, and so is Duke. Gidget's owners took her out to the groomers, so she's not an option. (Trying not to make it sound like I use her for fun...). We could go to Pops', but I'd rather not, considering what happened the last time I was there. You know, dog fight, I got injured badly, taken to the vet, bandages for a month or so, that's what happened. Of course I wouldn't just get in a random fight, unless it involved someone trying to make a move on my girlfriend!

But enough of that.

Both Duke and I are bored, with nothing to do. We have no idea of what our friends were doing right now. I've even gotten bored of waiting by the door until Katie got home. Wonder why though. I've been doing it for so long.

And speaking of Katie, before she left she got a phone call from someone. I heard them talking about bringing someone over to meet up once again, get reunited, catch up on old times. And I could have sworn I heard then saying they could hang out here for a while with me and Duke? But it's probably just my imagination. Right?

"Right Duke?" I asked. He looked at me, looked away, then right back at me again.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, confused.

"Before Katie left she got a phone call from someone. I heard them talking about bringing someone over to meet up once again, get reunited, catch up on old times. And I could have sworn I heard then saying they could hang out here with you and I? But it's probably just my imagination. Right?"

"..."

"Right?"

"...Uh, I still don't know what you mean."

What the? I mentally smacked myself in the forehead. I didn't speak to him out loud. Only in my thoughts.

"Nevermind."

"...I think your losing it. That dog must've given you brain damage."

"Shut up."

Then all of a sudden, my ears perked up at the rattle of keys by our door. Is Katie finally home!

Once the door opened though, we didn't see Katie. Instead we saw a big woman, most likely in her late thirties. She had short light brown hair and light brown eyes. I've felt like I've seen her before.

"Hey! You must be Max," she said. She knows my name?

"How does she know you?" Duke asked.

"I don't know," I replied.

"It's been a while since we've last seen each other," the women said.

"Have I met her before?" I asked myself out loud.

"And there's someone else who would like to meet you as well."

She looked behind her and said,"Come on boy!"

Then from behind her came an American Shepherd, with a big head and ears that stood straight up, and a bronze tag on his collar that has the name...

Bolt!? I thought to myself.

He smiled at me and said, "Hey Max. Long time no see."

I thought of this for a while now, and I decided to do it now. And I know it's short but I didn't want to write the whole thing in one big chapter. So don't worry, there will be more. I hope you guys like it. Thank you guys for your support. Leave a comment and I'll talk to you guys later.