Chapter 22: Double Date

Gidget's Pov

We've arrived at the restaurant. Apparently it's for humans and pets, which I like the idea. Only problems? It's really expensive, and there's a long wait. So, why Snowball had us come here, I don't even know.

"Uh, it seems like a very long wait, don't you think, Snowball?" asked Max.

"Yeah. It's mostly like that," Snowball replied. "But, I got us a reserved table."

"How?" I asked. "Cause, it seems pretty expensive to me."

"It is. But, ya boy Snowball got it covered."

We looked at Snowflake for an explanation. All she said was, "He has it covered, trust me."

"Okay then," Max said.

We walked through the doors, past all the animals who have been waiting probably for quite a while, up to a male Beagle.

"Hello," he said,"welcome to our restaurant. Shall I take you to your table?"

"Yes please," Snowball replied.

"Right this way sir."

The Beagle lead us to our table and gave us our menus.

"Would you like anything to drink?" he asked us.

"I would like to have water, thank you," Max said.

"Same," I said.

"We'll have water as well," Snowball said.

"Okay. I'll be right back," the waiter said, then he left.

Not long after he left, Max asked Snowball...

"How?"

"How what?" Snowball said, confused.

"How did you get us a reserved table?" I asked him.

"He threatened the owner's life," Snowflake responded, smiling.

"What!?"

Snowball shook his head then said, "None of that happened. I threatened to have him neutered."

I felt Max shiver next to me.

"Hehe. I'm just kidding. I saved the owner from a couple of baddies who wanted to get a table. He thanked me by letting me have a reserved table whenever."

"Oh, thank god. For a second there I thought you were really that ruthless Snowball."

"I am, but when I need to be."

The waiter came back with our waters.

"Have you decided what to eat?" he asked us.

"Snowflake and I will have the special for bunnies again," Snowball said.

"Okay. And for you two?"

"Uh, meatloaf," Max said.

"I'll have what he's having," I said.

"Okay then. Your food will be here shortly," the waiter said, taking our menus and leaving.

"So how did you two meet?" Snowflake asked Max and I.

"We met when I first moved in with Katie as a pup," Max said. "It was my first day, I was left alone, and right next to me was Gidget, greeting me overly excitingly..."

We talked and talked about other things and had our laughs, and jokes.

"Oh wait!" I said. "There was this one time I saw Max and Katie out on a walk. There was a flock of pigeons on the sidewalk. Max tried to scare them away, but they all looked at him and driven him and Katie back home! Oh man I was watching it from my apartment and I was dying laughing!"

Everyone but Max laughed.

"I hate pigeons," Max muttered.

"Come one Max! You got to step up your game!" Snowball said.

"What? They were aggressive birds!"

I rolled my eyes. The waiter then finally came to us with our food.

"Here you are, two meatloaves and two bunny specials," he said. "Enjoy."

We began eating.

"Wow!" Max yelled. "This is great!"

"Yeah! This food is amazing!" I yelled.

"Hehe, glad y'all like it," Snowball responded.

While we were all eating, Snowflake told us...

"You know, I was thinking about something."

"What were you thinking about?" I asked.

"Max, Snowball," she got their attention,"who was that girl you brought home?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max's Pov

Snowball and I stopped eating and looked at each other.

"Oh crap," Snowball muttered, eyes wide.

"Yeah, you never actually introduced us to her," Gidget said.

"Oh crap," I also muttered, eyes wide.

"Well?" Snowflake asked.

"*clears throat* She's someone that saved me from getting caught by animal control."

I wasn't lying either. Angeline did distract them long enough for me to get away.

"So, we decided to get her back before she was taken away," Snowball finished for me.

"Great. I should thank her for that," Gidget implied.

"Uh, yeah probably, hehe."

"You okay Max?" Snowflake asked.

"Oh yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just full from all the food."

"Yeah, I'm getting kinda full, too," Gidget said.

"Why don't we head back home?" Snowball suggested.

"Sure, I'm kinda tired," Snowflake said.

"Alright let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snowball and I decided to walk the girls home. Snowflake was about to leave.

"Well it's been a fun night you guys," she said. "I would love to do that again sometime."

"Sure we'd love that," I said.

"Bye Snowball," Snowflake said, kissing him.

"See you later," he replied.

Sooner or later Snowball left as well, leaving Gidget and I alone.

"Well, it's been a good night out, Max. See you soon?" she asked.

"Of course I will," I said.

She licked the side of my muzzle and said, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I headed back home to see Duke asleep on...my bed?

"Ugh, really Duke? You have your own bed ya goof," I complained.

Whatever. I decide to sleep in his bed instead. Thankfully no one knows of Angeline still, so I'm still in the clear. And with that said, I went to sleep. Of meatloaf. Because I'm like that. Deal with it. It is great!

Part 22 is finally done. It's been a very busy month. This week is finals for school, so it would make sense. Anyways, Max, Snowball, Snowflake, and Gidget went out on a double date. Don't you guys just love those? Hehe...he. And they still don't know about the whereabouts of Angeline, or the mysterious figure. And we've just hit over 8000 reads a couple days ago. That was pretty fast. I didn't even get to say we hit 7000. Well, whatever. So, let me know what y'all think. Thank you guys for your support. Leave a comment, and I'll talk to you all later.