Chapter 24: Visiting

Max's Pov

I woke up from my bed with a big yawn and a stretch that cracked my back. My eyelids were heavy. My head sorta ached, I don't know why.

"Or maybe it was because of...yesterday," I said to myself. "God, Jeffy. That monkey has issues."

I looked to my side and saw Duke still asleep, and I'm sure Katie just left.

"Well, I'm up so I guess I'll watch some T.V."

As I was watching whatever was on, I still thought about what Gidget said. You know, about being parents. About having our own kids. Man, the thought of it really has me on edge. And to, well, make kids, Gidget and I would have to mate, which we didn't, yet. And I already mated...with Angeline.

"Huh, speaking of her, I wonder what she's up to," I said to myself. "Maybe I should visit her, and say hello or-"

I stopped. I almost forgot that Gidget said not to be hanging out with her, since I cheated on her with Angeline.

...But...she doesn't know it was Angeline, I thought. And she seems okay with her, too. So, I guess it wouldn't be that bad.

So, I left to visit Angeline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take that long to find her actually. I saw her walking by my street. What shocked me though was that she looked, nicer. Her hair was groomed, her eyes shined bright, and she even had on a brand new pink collar and a dog tag in a shape of a paw.

"Hey Angeline!" I yelled out to catch her attention. She noticed me and her tail started wagging.

"Oh hey Max," she said, walking up to me. She even smelled nice. "What's up?"

"Nothing. I was just on my way to see you."

"Why?"

"Cause I wanna visit a friend."

"Really? I thought you would've forgotten about me."

"Of course I wouldn't!"

"Well, I'm happy to see you."

"Me too. So, wanna take a stroll through Central Park?"

She laughed. "What is it with people and Central Park?"

"Come on. It's Central Park. Everybody will go to it."

"Whatever."

"And it always helps clear my head."

"Yeah, mine too. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Central Park...

"So how you been?" I asked Angeline.

"I've been doing better," she replied. "I have a new owner."

"Ha, well I can tell. You looked different, I almost didn't recognize you."

"Yeah, I changed quite a bit. You like it? I hope it isn't too much."

"No, you look great. I'm happy to know you have a new owner."

"Thank you. So, have you been alright? You know, because of your break up? I'm really am sorry for-"

"Please don't apologize." I laughed. "I'm fine. And we got back together."

"Oh really!? That's great to hear!"

"Yep. I got lucky. Then we went out on a double date with Snowball and Snowflake, his girlfriend. And yesterday I had to babysit Jeffy, some kid monkey. He is the son of the famous monkey painter Jack Swiss, which is why I wanted to clear my head of the stress from yesterday."

"You know Jack Swiss!?"

"...Yep. You a fan?"

"His artwork is amazing! I love them! They're so...artistic!" She laughed.

"Well I could get him to sign something for you if you want."

"That would be awesome!"

"Hehe, yeah so, his son gave me a huge headache."

"Yeah I know how he had issues."

"Man, I don't want to deal with that again."

"Nice."

We walked under a tree to stay out of the scorching heat.

"So, your girlfriend doesn't know?" asked Angeline.

"Know what?" I asked.

"That I was the one who you slept with."

"Of course not. Why?"

She sighed. "I feel so guilty hiding it from her."

"Well...me, too. But she doesn't need to know."

"Well, what did she say about the "girl" that slept with you?"

"Don't have anything to do with her ever again. And she was serious."

"And if she finds out!?"

"She's not gonna find out. And if it were to happen, then..."

"Then what?"

"...then you should get to know my friends!"

"What!?" She almost jumped out of her hair.

"Yeah! We could get you guys to be friends! So you won't be lonely, and everyone won't keep asking Snowball and I about you! And if they find out, they could see how you are instead of how they envisioned you!"

"...Y-you really think that would work?"

"It's a probability, but you can have more friends as well."

She looked away. "I-I don't know if I can. What if they don't like me?"

"Don't think like that. They'll love you!  Trust me!"

She thought for a moment, then she finally said," Well, why not?"

"Great! We should get y'all acquainted now!"

"Wait, right now!?"

"Yeah! Why wait!?" I said taking off.

"W-wait hold up!" she yelled, tailing behind me.

Part 24 is done. So...I know what y'all are thinking right now! "Snowball! I thought you said you're ending the story!" Nah, I was just messing with y'all! XD I had it under control. It's just, so many of you kept saying "Don't discontinue it! Please!" Well, I fooled you! So, yeah! THE STORY WILL CONTINUE!!! And ItsYaBoyPipBoy I decided to use your suggestion about having the characters getting to know Angeline. So, hope you guys don't have a heart attack or something. Lol. Hope you like the chapter. Thank you guys for your support.  Over 10000 reads! Leave a comment, and I'll talk to you all later.

P.S. _LYKAN_ and mikemkke_034 were in on the whole discontinuing of story. And I told Official_MaxTheDog about it. So my fans aren't dirtbags! Well, these guys aren't. And I hope there aren't any! Later!