Prologue

In a darkened corner of the Hīragi orphanage, was a small six year old boy. He had raven black hair that framed his face, his large bright green eyes glowing in the darkness. It was late in the night, growing close to three a.m., and he was supposed to be sleeping. But a creature of sorts had appeared in front of him, and was about to change his life. Forever. 

      "Young child, what are you doing up so late? Surely you should be getting rest!" A voice cooed, causing Yuichiro to blink and look up from where he had been playing with marbles. He tilted his head looking up. A male frame was materializing in the darkness. He blinked again knowing that whoever this was wasn't one of the people who ran the orphanage. Anyone could tell. His voice was too soft, too caring. And he hadn't yelled at the "freak" to get into his bedroom before he was whipped. 

      "U-um I don't feel tired. Besides I feel more comfortable in the darkness." The ravenette murmured softly, looking down at the ground. 

      "Well that's perfectly fine dear child. The darkness is a great place to be. It holds so many secrets. Normal people have no idea how beautiful the darkness is. They're scared by the creatures in their mind." The male crouched down, tapping the ravenette's forehead. "But you, you are special. I like you. Not a lot of other people do though, right?" 

      "No, they don't. They think I'm weird for liking the night and darkness so much. They think I'm a freak." The boy narrowed his eyes and the figure materialized completely. 

      "Well that can't do. How about this. I'll be your friend. I'll be there whenever you'd like to talk. Or simply have someone to be around you, Yuichiro." the male spoke, his red eyes illuminating the walls behind Yuichiro. He held out his hand, and Yuichiro took his hand. He didn't think to question how the male already knew his name as he was just excited to finally have a friend. The male stood up after shaking his hand and turned to leave, his silver hair swinging to the side as he did so. 

      "Wait! Can I know your name?" Yuichiro asked as he started to walk. The male chuckled as he started to walk away, shadows surrounding him. 

      "Of course. It's Ferid," he called as he disappeared. Yuichiro tilted his head, blinking. 

      "Ferid..." he murmured thoughtfully, before standing up and started to walk upstairs to his room. I finally have a friend. 

I'm actually really excited about this story since I actually have a plot line planned out. And yes I realize it's ironic that Yuu's "friend" is Ferid, considering that he hates him and all, but it's my story aha. It was either him or Guren and I hate more than I hate Shinoa so! And I just unpublished the other stories. I just, need to go back and wait until I have actual plots before I finish them. But I hope that you enjoy Nyctophilia!-

Hiro