Chapter Five

Mika looked at Yuu, who had his head against the passenger door, sleeping. He pulled the car into reverse, driving towards the orphanage. Yuu murmured little things under his breath every so often. He breathed softly, the rise and fall of his chest small. He was the only noise in car. Where have I seen you before? Before a week ago, I didn't even know the name Yuichiro Amane. But I swear I've seen you before. Why? You're exactly the way you are in that memory. But that couldn't be right. He was grown up. You've only just turned sixteen. How? The blonde's thoughts were a whirl of questions as he drove. 

      Yuu opened his eyes quickly when he felt someone wrap their arms around him and lifted him up. His breath hitched in fear and he thrashed wildly. He heard something crack when he hit something and a hiss of swear words followed. "Yuu! Yuu-chan, calm down."  Yuu blinked, hearing Mika's voice and yelped, looking up. The blonde was carrying him bridal style, and he was looking down at him. His eyes were wide as usual, though unlike Yuu, who usually was in fear, they were just simply wide. They showed everyone emotion and it was super easy to tell what the blonde was thinking because of his eyes. 

      "Sorry. I didn't realize it was you." He gasped and Mika shook his head, a small smile forming his lips. 

      "Don't worry about it. It was your natural instinct. You probably broke my nose, but I don't blame you. Seriously kid, how much strength are you hiding?"  Mika groaned. Yuu flinched, before laying his head against Mika's chest. He closed his eyes and yawned. 

      "Sorry...." He murmured, before falling asleep. He heard Mika say something but it sounded garbled as he fell asleep. 

      Yuu looked around, seeing that he was in his parents' bedroom. He jerked his hand back when he had gone to touch the picture on the dresser. He studied it, his eyes wide. He was a carbon copy of his parents. His breath hitched and his eyes widened even more. There was a crash and he yelped, turning around. He looked at the figure who was on its knees, its raven black hair framing their face, looking down at the ground. Yuu flicked his gaze down, seeing that it was sitting in a pool of blood. 

      "We killed them, you know. It was our fault." The figure looked up, his green eyes glowing sadistically, sneering. 

      "What does that mean? I haven't killed anyone. I don't-"

      "Don't be stupid. You became possessed. That killed your mother. Your father didn't care for you, but your mother loved you even more than him. But you became possessed and killed them." Yuu shook his head, staring at the figure. At himself. 

      "You're wrong. You're wrong. I didn't kill them! I didn't become possessed! I'm not possessed!" He gasped, clenching his fists at his side. The demon laughed, standing up. He was suddenly in front of Yuu, green eyes glowing sadistically and darkly. 

      "That's not what you said when you were fourteen, now, was it?" His voice was a soft sneer as everything went dark again. Yuu closed his eyes and placed his hands over his ears at the loud sudden noise. He opened his eyes again, seeing a younger version of himself sitting upright in bed. Yuu felt his mouth go dry and felt himself become sick at the memory. He spotted the glint of the knife and blood. He could hear himself sobbing angrily, and if it hadn't been him before he wouldn't have of known what he was saying. But he did know, and it was exactly what the demon had said. It's his fault. He swallowed and backed up. 

      "Leave me alone. I just want to forget everything. Please. Just let me forget. I'll do anything." He gasped, leaning against a wall. There was a chuckle and he turned his head weakly to the left, where footsteps sounded. 

       "I could help you. Of course, there's a price to pay. How interesting. You're barely human, but you act like that's just what you are. It's amusing, really. But you're broken. I think," a short, long purple haired figure stepped out of the shadows, smirking wickedly. "that that's the only reason you're little blonde friend has stuck with you. Because of pity. I'm sure he really doesn't care at all for you."

This should've been out two days ago. But stuff happened. I still feel like crap. I'll update again soon hopefully. I don't really like how this turned out either.