Chapter 2: The Academy

Ice cold water was splashed onto my face. I shot up and out of the bed, getting into a fighting stance.

"Woah, calm down. I'm only here to escort you to the academy." I looked to my right and spotted Izumo who was silently smirking at me. I sighed and nodded my head as all of yesterday's events came back to me. His smirk fell when I didn't get angry at him.

I kept silent the whole way to the academy. Izumo, thankfully, didn't try to make conversation with me so the walk was silent. We finally made it there and Izumo escorted me in. I concentrated on listening to the whispers the same man with brown hair and Izumo exchanged.

"You need to watch this one, Iruka. She tried to run away and out of the village." Izumo said.

"I know, she jumped out of the window yesterday." I tuned out the rest of their conversation and studied the class.

Most of the girls were glaring at me while the guys were merely talking to the friends beside them.

"Alright, thank you," Iruka said and Izumo poofed away. "Class, this is Hibiki Tsukino. Please treat her nicely. Hibiki, you can sit over there." He pointed over to an empty seat near the back beside a girl with short purple hair.

At first I gave her a bored look, but I managed a small, forced smile. She blushed and sent a small smile back at me.

"I'm Hibiki," I said, walking back and sitting beside her.

"I'm Hinata," she whispered. I was never one to trust people easily and I wasn't about to trust this girl either. But I supposed if I was going to be stuck in Konoha I might as well try to make someone like me. "So, this class hard?"

"N-No, not too hard." I nodded and a ninja ran into the room.

"Iruka! Naruto has graffitied all over the Hokage's faces!" Iruka scowled.

"That troublemaker," he murmured then turned to us. "Stay quiet while I go and attend to something!" Then the both of them ran out.

Everyone began chatting to themselves, not following Iruka's orders. Hinata looked like she wanted to say something, but kept her mouth shut.

"Hey, Hibiki right?" I look over to meet the faces of two girls. One was blond and had her hair in a ponytail. The other had pink hair and green eyes.

"Yes, that's right." I reply, turning my head away from them and relaxing in the chair.

"I'm Sakura and that's Ino. We came over to ask if you like anyone in this class?" The one with the pink hair spoke. Man, why should that matter to them?

"Like? I don't know anyone well enough to say whether I like them or not. The only person would be Hinata here." Everyone had gotten a little quieter after picking up parts of our conversation.

"No, we mean like like. Like if you think someone is cute or not." Sakura rocks on the balls of her feet while she talks to me. I sigh and look around the room. "Nope, Hinata is probably the cutest one here." They didn't seem content with my answer, but they didn't say anything else as they went back to their seats.

Iruka slammed into the room pulling in a tied up kid with blond hair and whiskers on his face. "Naruto! You've failed the test three times already and you're about to fail again!" Naruto mumbled something I couldn't make out and turned his head away from Iruka. Hinata's heart started beating at a rapid pace. I smiled and set my head on my hand. Someone's got a crush!

"Everyone listen up!" Iruka said. "Because of Naruto here, everyone has to review the transformation jutsu!" Groans erupted from almost every single person in the classroom. Hinata kept quiet and twiddled her fingers.

"No need to worry, Hinata. You'll do great, I'm sure." She looked surprised at my statement, but a smile crept onto her face.

"T-Thank you..."

Everyone stood in line and began to transform into Iruka when he called out our names.

"Transform!" I turned and looked over at the blonde kid, Naruto, who transformed into a girl. There were clouds surrounding her... lady parts.

"Hahahaha! Got you! That's my sexy jutsu!" I covered the eyes of the boy beside me until Naruto changed back, getting scolded by Iruka.

"Alright, let's continue."

Naruto walked away and a boy with his hair in a similar fashion to Iruka went up and transformed. I found out the boy's name was Shikamaru. Then he got to me.

"Hibiki Tsukino." I walked up in front of Iruka. "You know, since you're new you might not know the justu. You don't have to perform-" I cut him off by transforming into him. "Uh, good. Alright, next..."

Eventually it was time to leave. I walked out of the classroom and was about to walk out of the academy when I felt someone grab onto my arm. I flinched away from them and turned to look at Izumo. "The Hokage wants to see you." I nodded my head and we began to walk towards his building.

-------------------------------------------------

"Hibiki," the Hokage began, "I think I may have found you a place to stay so that you will not have to stay in the hospital again."

"You mean a place to keep me prisoner?" He smiled and took a puff of smoke.

"If that's how you want to put it. I'm going to have you live in the Hyuga residence. There is a girl and boy there about your age."

"I don't remember telling you my age."

"You're right, you didn't. But you look to be about thirteen."

"I'm fourteen," I say.

"Yes, then you're about their age. They have a nice compound and I've already talked to their head about you." I zoned out the rest of his ramblings. He's only making it harder for me to escape. I never stay in one place too long for a reason, doesn't he understand that? When you stay in one place you make relationships with people. And then it's even harder for you to get away. I have to make some type of plan!

"Whatever, just show me where this place is."

_______________________________________________________________________

I know you probably think I suck a bunch, but would you want to write out how EVERYTHING in the Hyuga clan's grounds/living space look? SO! Go watch the anime if you want to know how it looks. (I'm guessing you've already watched it). P.S. In the next chappy she will have already gone to the Hyuga grounds/living space. XP

Comment

Vote

Fan

Something

- Nochangenecessary