Chapter 3: 100 Points

Hinata and I left the residence and walked to the academy. I was introduced to her father and sister, then slept in a tree outside of Hinata's room. Yes, a tree. I had gotten used to it from traveling. Sleeping in a bed or futon just wouldn't feel right.

I sat beside Hinata again as Iruka walked into the class and told us what the graduation test would be on.

"We will now start the final exam. When your name is called, please proceed to the testing room. The final test will be on... the clone jutsu." He left the room and called out a name I didn't recognize.

"Hibiki Tsukino," Iruka called. Finally! My turn. I walked into the room and softly closed the door behind me.

"Hibiki, this is Mizuki." He gestured over to the man with white hair that is sitting beside him.

"I have enough reason to believe you know the hand signs for this jutsu." I nod and he continues, "You need to make at least three clones to pass, good luck."

Only three clones?! In my old village we had to make 50 solid shadow clones... I couldn't even make one.

"Okay," I say and put my hands up in the correct sign. Three clones appear beside me. "Great job, you pass. Here's your headband." He throws me the blue headband with metal in the middle and a Hidden Leaf Village symbol in the middle.

I untie the blue material with my clan sign on it from around my forehead and replace it with the headband. "Thank you." I bow and walk out of the room.

I walk out of the academy feeling lonely for the first time in a while. I haven't seen a lot of people lately and now... Everyone had their family here to greet them, and I was alone...

"H-Hi Hibiki," Hinata said. I look at her slightly-smiling face.

"Hi Hinata, where is your dad? And sister?"

She looked away, a sad look on her face. "U-Um... They weren't able to make it."

I hid my surprise and pretended that I didn't notice she was lying. "Okay then. Ready to go?" She nodded and we began walking to the Hyuuga residence.

"Congrats on passing," I said. "I knew you'd do it."

She blushed and muttered, "T-Thanks."

Her shyness made me smile a little. I began to walk backwards out of boredom when I bumped into something.

"Watch where you're going." Someone said. I turned and saw a boy about my height with the pale Hyuga eyes and long brown hair.

"Hi," I say. "Who are you?"

He glares a little before saying, "Neji."

I force a smile and bow. "Hibiki, nice to meet you." Then I pull Hinata away from him.

---------------------------------------------------

We both sat in her room. I was studying Lightning Style Ninjutsu and Hinata was practicing with her Byakugan. I looked away from my scroll and poked her. She looked over at me and deactivated her Byakugan. "Y-Yes?"

"I was wondering, could you teach me about the Gentle Fist?" She blushed and seemed at a loss for words.

"I-I'm sorry, but it's a closely guarded secret within the Hyuuga clan." I nodded my understanding and turned back to my scroll.

--------------------------------------------------

I walked up to Neji's room and knocked on his door. I had to admit, learning about the Gentle Fist had become a slight obsession of mine. It was so interesting...

"Who is it?" He asked from behind the door. "It's Hibiki, and I want to talk."

"Go away."

"If prefer not to."

I heard a sigh and the door opened to reveal an unimpressed Neji. He walked out and closed the door behind him. "What do you want?" he asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I wanted to ask you to teach me about the Gentle Fist." He scowled and shook his head.

"No."

"Why not?"

"It's a--"

"I know, 'a closely guarded secret'. I'll have you know, I created a jutsu once when I was little. I wanted to figure something out so I made it. You can tell me, or I can force it out of you." His scowl only deepened at my words.

"No, you won't even be able to see the chakra points."

I smirk. "What if I memorize them?" He laughed but stopped when he saw my suddenly serious expression.

"You're not kidding?"

"How about we make a bet? If I can memorize and correctly locate 100 chakra points by the end of the week, you'll teach me." He smirked and I smirked right back.

"Alright, deal." We shook and I walked away. I'll memorize them, he'll see.