Chapter 6: Our First C-Rank Mission

We had just given the cat, Torah, back to her master. I couldn't help flinching when the woman started to squeeze the cat to death. I'm going to save that cat one day, believe it.

I started to chuckle at my inside joke. Naruto always said that and it just fit with the sentence.

"Hibiki? What are you laughing about?" I waved Kakashi off and held in my laughter. "Nothing, nothing."

The Hokage took a long puff of smoke and began to tell us more boring D-rank missions we could perform.

"No!" Naruto shouts, putting his arms up and forming an X. "I'm a ninja and I want a ninja mission! No more of these boring chores!" I nod a little, these missions were boring, believe it. Man, it's totally catchy.

The Hokage and Iruka, who I just noticed, started this huge lecture. I didn't listen, Naruto's like a ramen genius! "So I think I'm going to have miso ramen today..."

"Silence!" The Hokage cut him off. "Sorry," Kakashi said. Man, he didn't even try to sound like he meant it.

"You always lecture me like you're my grandfather! I'm not the little kid that used to play pranks all the time! I'm a ninja and I want a ninja mission!" I nod my head again.

"You don't think we're unworthy of it, do you Lord Hokage?" I ask him. "I thought Genin were able to do C-rank missions too. Excuse me if I'm wrong." I hear the Hokage sigh. "I get what your both trying to say. Naruto wants to prove he's not a brat, but a former brat. Hibiki wants to prove she's worthy of something more."

I shrug my shoulders. "Actually, I just think all these D-Rank missions are really boring. I figured I'd rather take my chances and speak against you then go on another boring 'capture the cat' mission." I catch his small look of irritation, which he covers up quickly.

"Fine," he says. I shake my head, he totally gave in. "I'll give you a C-rank mission.

"You'll be escorting the client back to their home in the Land of Waves."

"Who, who, who, who, who?!" Naruto asks, getting hyper. "A princess? An important council member? Who?!" I put my hand on Naruto's shoulder to stop him from jumping straight through the roof out of excitement.

"H-Hibiki?" I look at his surprised expression. "What?"

"Y-You're touching me."

"So?"

"Hn, you said you hated it when people touch you." Sasuke stepped in.

"Percisely, I never said I hated it when I touch people, did I?" They both shake their head and I nod, taking my hand off Naruto's shoulder.

"Be patient Naruto," the Hokage states, ignoring our previous conversation. "Bring in the client!"

A few seconds pass by until I hear the heartbeat of someone new. Someone with sake in his hand and a pack on his back stumbles in the room.

"What? This is who I get to protect me? They're just a bunch of snot-nosed kids! Especially the short one with the idiotic look on his face!"

"Haha! Who's the one with the idiotic look on his face?!" Naruto laughs.

We all line up; me being the tallest, Sasuke slightly shorter then me, Sakura, and lastly Naruto. Sasuke looked a little irked that I'm taller then him. I smirked before putting him out of his misery.

"Don't worry Sasuke, I'm 14." He smirked a little after my remark. Man, I shouldn't have upped his ego...

"I'll demolish you!" Naruto goes to attack the client when Kakashi holds him back.

"You can't demolish the client Naruto." He says with a sigh. "Meet me at the gates in 30 minutes, and bring your ninja gear." We all nod and leave the office.

30 minutes later...

I walked up to the gates with my backpack hanging off my shoulder. Everyone else was already there, making me sigh. Of course I had to be the one to hold everyone up.

I switch my bag to my other shoulder. "I've been meaning to ask, are you two related or something?" He points to Kakashi and I. I look at him then back at Tazuna. "No."

"Hey! Now that I think about it. You and Kakashi look a lot alike!" I look over at Naruto and shrug my shoulders.

"I don't see it."

"Well, think about it," Sakura interjects. "You both have white hair, both wear masks, and both cover one eye."

"Hn." What a large vocabulary.

"Whatever, lets just go." I switch my bag to my other shoulder and walk ahead everyone else.

I close my eyes and continue to walk, the others conversations floating through one ear and out the other. It's only a C-rank, but I have to stay on guard. I listened in to the forest and we continued our journey to the Land of Waves.

_____________

This was a really boring chapter... Oh well! ^_^ I'll update the next chappy as soon as I can. Thanks to all the commenters!!!! You might not believe it, but I really appreciate coming home to comments. :)

Vote

Comment

Fan

Something

- Nochangenecessary