Chapter 4: The K.I.A. Stone

It was finally the day I would meet my team. Unfortunately, I didn't memorize 100 chakra points by that week, but I did memorize 57. I misplaced a few of them on a real body though... So Neji wouldn't tell me. He thinks I don't know about Gentle Fist. I can't say I didn't tell him I'd learn about it one way or another.

I had my Leaf Ninja Shinobi headband on and Hinata and I were walking to the academy. We made some small talk as we walked and eventually got to the classroom. I was about to follow Hinata up the stairs when someone grabbed me.

I automatically yanked my arm away and held it close to my chest. "Hey, sit here." I looked down at a boy with black hair and onyx eyes. I watched him suspiciously.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want any fan-girls to sit by me. You said you didn't think I was cute, remember?" I nod my head and remember the two girls, Sakura and Ino.

After a few seconds of contemplation I nod. "Alright, I'll sit." I wave to Hinata, pointing to the seat beside the boy. I remembered his name from yesterday. I believe it was Sasuke, a lot of the girls were talking about him. Hinata seemed a little surprised, but nodded and sat by some random kid.

I kept my eyes on the board in the front of the class. This was so boring, I hated waiting for people. My vision of the board was blocked when an orange blob blocked my vision.

I looked into the glaring eyes of Naruto. "Hi," I said, waving. He shook his head, blushing a little.

"Whoops, sorry. Wrong desk..." he awkwardly scooted over to Sasuke's desk and they both began to glare at each other.

Suddenly, the kid a row up bumped into Naruto and he... He kissed Sasuke! I covered my masked mouth and tried to hold back my chuckles. "NARUTO!!!!" I looked over and saw a growing mob of fan-girls.

"Oh, uh, well, got to go Sasuke! Nice to officially meet you!" I stood up and walked to the back of the class. Sitting down, I waved to the kid beside me. I wonder why he's wearing shades inside.

Iruka finally arrived. "As of today, you are all ninjas. To get here you have faced difficult trials and hardships, but that's nothing. What comes next will be far more difficult. Now you are only Genin; first level ninjas. You will all be grouped into three man squads. Except for one team that will have four due to the recent addition to this class." All eyes fell on me, but I pretended not to notice.

"Each squad will be led by a Jounin; an elite ninja." I began to feel myself get nervous. I wanted to be with Hinata. She was really the only person I knew! Sasuke would be okay. He doesn't seem like much of a talker. I guess that blonde kid Naruto would be alright too. He might give me a headache though.

"We want each squad to have an equal balance of strength and abilities, so that's how we set them up. I will now announce the squads." He began to call out the names of each squad and the people on it. My anticipation grew and grew and grew. "Team seven, Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno," Poor Naruto, he has that fan-girl with him. "and Sasuke Uchiha." Guess I'm not on that team. A ninja ran into the room and began talking to Iruka. He looked a bit confused at first then nodded his head in understanding. "Hibiki Tsukino will also be on team seven."

I sighed, no Hinata. He proceded to call out the teams. Hinata got on a team with a dog boy and sunglass guy beside me.

Naruto stood up out of his seat and pointed a finger at Sasuke. "Iruka-sensei, why does an awesome ninja like me have to be stuck with someone like him?"

"Well, Naruto, you and Hibiki had the worst scores at the end of the year. Sasuke had the best." I sighed, why tell everyone that? It's only because I was here for two days... "After lunch you'll meet your new Jounin instructors. Until then, class dismissed."