Chapter 1

I walked through the doors that read 'Special Victims Unit'. I was used to seeing that written across the door, but this time, I was in Manhattan.
It was around 8:30 am and there were people sitting at their desks, one was empty though. Guessing it was for me.
I walked in and everyone glanced at me confused.
I walked into the Captains office and knocked on it lightly before walking in.
He looked at me and got up.
"Ah, you must be Detective Reynolds" he said shaking my hand.
"Yes sir, that's me" I smiled.
"well it's nice to meet you, heard great things about you" he said.
"Welcome to Manhattan SVU" he added.
"Thank you, I'm happy to be here" I said smiling slightly.
"Okay, well why don't we introduce you to the squad" he suggested making his way to the squad room.
"Sounds perfect" I said following him.
"Alright, everyone listen up. We have a new detective joining us today, Detective Reynolds from Brooklyn SVU" he said and everyone gave a small smile or hello.
"Okay... Rollins, this will be your new partner" he said and a blonde lady came up and shook my hand.
"Nice to meet you partner" she said with a southern accent.
"You too" I said with a small smile.
"Okay, now get to work" cragen finished walking back to his office.
I walked to the empty desk and put my stuff on it.
"So you're from Brooklyn" a brown haired woman said from the desk diagonal from me, she looked intimidating.
"Yeah... it's where I started" I said nodding my head.
"I'm Olivia Benson" she said.
"Alex... Reynolds" I said as she smiled.
"Why does that last name sound familiar?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed together.
"I... don't know, it's a common name" I said hoping she would drop it.
"Huh" she hummed and continued working.
*
"Okay, we've got a Vic down at Mercy Hospital, Reynolds and Rollins go down and talk to her. Benson and Amaro go down to the crime scene, south of Central Park and canvas the area. Talk to witnesses, anything you can get" captain said to us.
Everyone shot up and collected their things and headed out.
Amanda had the keys and drove down to the hospital.
"So... you transferred from Brooklyn?" She said trying to start a conversation.
"Yep, captain thought it would be best for me in Manhattan. Plus they were over staffed so he got rid of me basically" I said.
She chuckled.
"You're that bad?" she joked.
"I'm not!" I said defensively.
"Whatever you say" she joked again.
I laughed.
"But on a serious note... why'd you join SVU in the first place" she asked getting serious.
"... experience" I said not really explaining.
"What do you mean?" She asked looking at me briefly.
"I've seen some stuff" I said.
"Oh... okay" she said quietly.
The rest of the ride was awkward silence.
*
"Cops? I-I didn't call the police" the girl said frantically.
"No, no, the nurse did." I said trying to calm her.
"I-I... it was a misunderstanding" she said.
"... those bruises and cuts? They're just misunderstandings?" I said raising my eyebrow.
She didn't say anything.
"Look, if something happened to you... we can help you. We're not here to patronize you, just to help you" Amanda said softly.
"You can tell us what happened..." I said.
She stayed silent for a while, but then she finally spoke.
"It was Derek Spen... I go to school with him. He was drunk and-and I was drunk... it just got out of hand" she said shaking her head.
"It's okay... keep going" I said comforting her.
"Detective can I talk to you?" The doctor said to me.
"Sure" I said getting up and walking out of the room.
"What's up" I asked him.
"The rape kit tested positive for vaginal trauma and semen" he said.
"Okay..." I breathed out.
"There's one more thing... she was a virgin" he said, a sad look on his face.
"Jesus Christ" I whispered peering into the room and seeing her talking to Amanda.
"She's 18 years old, for gods sake. Two months into college and she's been raped" I said shaking my head.
"Well, thank you doctor" I said shaking his hand and going back into the room.
I looked at the girl and she was crying.
Amanda looked up at me and gave her a sad look.
*
The girl, Erica smith, told Amanda everything.
"The rape kit tested positive for vaginal trauma and semen... and she was a virgin before it happened" I told Amanda when we left.
"Jesus... are they testing the semen to see if it's a match?" She asked.
"Well, we need to find Derek Spen first" I said.
"Alright... well, your driving" she said throwing the keys to me.
I groaned.
"Fine" I said getting into the car and drove off.
This was going to be a hard case, I could tell.