Chapter 6

~Alex~
I didn't stay home after Cragen sent me. I walked around the city, admiring the good things about it, rather than the horrible things we deal with everyday.
my phone was ringing... it was an unfamiliar number. I answered.
"Reynolds" I said.
"hey sis" the man said.
I froze.
"who is this?"
"oh c'mon you don't recognize your big brother?" he said.
"how'd you get my number" I said harshly.
"oh still got that attitude huh?... you look nice today" he taunted me.
I looked around, eery corner. I didn't see him, yet again it's been a while.
"look James, I don't know what you want from me. You got what you wanted 11 years ago. Now just leave me alone" I said.
"see, that's where the problem is. Family don't put family in jail. We protect each other" He said innocently.
"we are not family"
"whether you like it or not... we are, sis" He laughed.
"shut the hell up. I am never, never, protecting you. you are a monster. You all are" I said angrily.
"not danny! you made him the monster, you did that to him-"
"no, no I didn't. It was dad and it was you... I protected him and helped him-"
"until you've had enough and left him with dad and let him do whatever he wanted" he interrupted me.
"fuck. you" I said into the phone.
"watch your back, sis. You know what I'm capable of" he taunted me.
"I'm not scared of you. If your man enough, come get me" I said and hung up.
anger was fuming throughout me.
Why is my family so fucked up?
*
The next day, I walked into the precinct and sat down at my desk. Not paying attention to anyone else.
"hey... Alex" Nick said awkwardly.
"hi" I said quietly not making eye contact.
I was going through James's, my brother, records to see what I could find on him.
he had many charges against him.

Domestic Violence
Robbery
Theft
Drug Possession
Assault
Attempted Murder
Sexual Harassment 

He was obviously not a good guy, I already knew that.
I started to read up on all these charges, who filed them and what was the situation.
"what's that?" Fin asked over my shoulder.
"uh, something you don't need to worry about" I said with an attitude.
"okay, sorry I asked" He said defensively.
"Reynolds, is there a problem?" Cragen asked, surprised by my mini outburst to Fin.
"No sir... no problem" I said shifting in my seat.
He gave me a weird look and walked back into his office. I rolled my eyes.
I was reading about the Sexual Harassment charge when my phone was buzzing.
It was the same number James called me from yesterday.
The blood drained from my face and I shot up and went into the bunks to answer it.
I felt everyone watching me, confused.
"What do you want" I said aggressively.
"Don't be a bitch, I haven't seen you in 11 years" he said twisted. Making me feel sick.
"Why now? Huh? I finally have my life together, and you show up" I said angrily.
"After Derek left you?" He said.
"He didn't leave me-"
"Oh that's right, he's dead" He said taunting me again.
"Shut the fuck up" I said my anger getting the best of me.
"He's not coming back... because he's dead! He's not coming home, Lex. Get it through your thick skull." He said.
"Do not bring Derek into this" I said feeling the burning behind my eyes.
"Lexi, Lexi, Lexi... you're so naive. Always have been and always will. I wonder? Does Derek even know what you and me did?" He said.
"We didn't do anything." I said.
I said hanging up. I paced for a second then threw my phone.
"Woah, okay" Olivia said opening the door right as I threw my phone.
I was breathing rather heavily.
"What's going on?" She said walking in and closing the door.
"Nothing" I said running my hands through my hair.
"Really, you just smashed your phone" She said giving me a look.
"Listen I get that you guys are concerned about me or whatever. But I'm fine, everything's fine" I said with an attitude.
I picked up my phone and walked out slamming the door.
I went to my desk.
"Reynolds! Next time you slam one of my doors, you're going to have bigger problems" Cragen said standing outside of his office.
"Got it, sorry" I said not looking at him, sitting down.
"Why don't you take a step in my office" he said  to me.
I scoffed and got up walking into his office.
This is going to be fun.