Chapter 5

~Alex POV~
My alarm clock was going off like crazy.
I groaned and shut it off.
God my head is pounding.
I looked at the clock and it read 7:30 am. I took a deep breath and got out of bed.
I changed and took some Advil, then threw my hair into a ponytail. I walked into my kitchen and grabbed something quick to eat while I was scrolling through my Facebook.
Once I finished, I brushed my teeth. I grabbed my sunglasses, put them on and made my way out the door.
*
When I showed up at the precinct I made sure I don't make eye contact when Amanda comes, I know she was there last night. It's not something I'm proud of and it doesn't happen often.
I sat at my desk and put my stuff away, taking off my sunglasses and logged into my computer.
I was sitting there for about 10 minutes before Amanda showed up.
I glanced up for a second and shifted in my seat.
She looked at me, I can feel it. But I still didn't make eye contact.
She sat down and cleared her throat.
"How you doing" she said trying to make conversation.
"Good... you" I said still messing around on my computer, still not looking at her.
"Fine" she said.
After a small pause she spoke up again.
"Alex, if you think I'm gonna tell captain or bug you about last night, I'm not... I get it" she said.
"Good to know" I said nodding my head slightly.
"Reynolds. My office" cragen said and I let out a breath of air walked into his office.
"Yes captain" I said standing there.
"Close the door" he said and closed it.
"Is everything okay" I asked kinda confused.
"Actually that's what I wanted to ask you... after yesterday-"
"Look, captain... he's my brother, okay? I know how he can get-"
"After not seeing him for 11 years?" He interrupted me.
I stood there silent.
"Reynolds, I know you're going to tell me your fine, even when you're not. So go home, take the day off"
"No, I'm not doing that. I'm not going to sit there dwelling on it because my brother is my father" I nearly yelled.
"Alex... your distraught, tired, stressed... go home"
I started getting frustrated.
"I get why you think I need the day off, but I can't... the only way you can help me, is if you just let me work" I said.
"I'm not asking you to... I'm telling you to go home" he said louder.
I didn't say anything I just slammed open the door and walked to my desk.
"Everything okay" Olivia asked, I didn't realize she even came in.
"Yeah, everything's fine" I said grabbing my stuff.
"Are you sure-"
"Can everyone just stop... stop asking me if everything's okay, or if I'm okay, I'm not falling off the rails. So just... stop" I said then walked away.
I bumped into Fin on my way out and just said sorry and kept walking.
~Amanda POV~
"What's wrong with her?" Fin said as he was walking in.
"I don't know" I said shrugging my shoulders.
"her brother" nick said.
"Or maybe her father" I said to them.
"What?" Olivia asked.
"Yesterday, when she was talking to her brother, he said something about her father, that kinda set them both off. And now? Well we all just heard that, about her brother being her father" I said glancing at each of them.
"so your saying that her brother coming back into her life, is like her dad coming back?" Nick asked leaning back into his chair.
"I mean... it does make sense. She nearly lost her mind in that interview room" Olivia said.
"Well he's in jail now so..." nick trailed off.
"What about her dad?" Fin asked.
"I don't know... I mean she doesn't talk about her family or her life really" I said.
"Hang on a second... she told me she had another brother. An older one, he was 32 or something" Olivia said getting up.
"Where is he?" Nick asked.
"I don't know, she never told me his name, where he lived or anything about him really" she said.
"What about a boyfriend or something" I said, remembering the pictures in her house.
"she have a boyfriend?" Fin asked.
"I mean, have we ever asked?" I questioned.
They all shook their heads glancing at each other.
"Do we even know anything about her" nick said.
We all just stayed silent.